BC Boards

Tickly dogs !!

Oh Zoe does that! She arches her back and sways back and forth. I don't think it's ticklish, though, I think she just *loves* it, like when my husband starts scratching my back. :rolleyes:

As for actually ticklish, my brother's dog is so touchy about her paws. Tickle them and she jerks and just keeps pulling her paws away from you.

Only her hind feet :rolleyes: . If you tickle them she kicks and gets annoyed.

I thought most dogs did the archy back thing???? Someone once told me its a response to being mounted by another dog, dont know if thats true or not.

Bailey has ticklish paws and will pull them away from you when you tickle them. And of course he has a tickly spot which causes his back leg to kick and scratch :rolleyes:

Sammie does the archy back thing when you scratch above his tail. He grunts and swings his backside around!!

Speedy might have ticklish paws. He has NEVER liked having them touched. He doesn't mind when I clip his nails, but I have never successfully trained him to do more than tolerate having them touched otherwise.

Cody runs up to anyone visiting in the house and turns to put his butt right at you and all our company "knows" what he wants....he loves the butt massage-right above the tail base-he goes nutsy with it, and then after a few minutes, he flops down on the floor and rubs his face all over the bottom of the couch, the rug, whatever he can bump and rub into!!! It's hysterical!!!

They get arroused when scratched on their back, that's why they all "love" it.

My dog is super sensitive about his front paws, he would pull them away from you if you try to grab them until he falls and puts all his weight in his chin and hides his front legs under him I'll try to capture this on video, it's realy funny. He ends up on his face with his butt in the air and front legs under his chest

a bit O/T , but how sensitive can those paws be ? Tamyr runs for dozens of miles , on all types of grounds , so much so that sometimes I worry when it is really rough ,but she just runs through it all , sharp stones , thistles , what have you ...and then she can't stand me tickling her there either , but the funny part is when she's out in the yard , it's pebbles on a big part of it , and when she happens by chance to step on a tiny bit of poop that escaped me , she just jumps like it was burning hot coals !!!

Kael is ticklish on the backs of his hind legs where the feathers are. He gets silly and does a somersault, then races around the room and comes back for more. He's the only one who I would call ticklish. The rest all love getting scratched right above the tail.

Acer is very ticklish. If you scratch him under his neck, or rub over his ribs he starts kicking his leg. It's almost to the point of obsessive. If you just pet him for moment on his head he will get tickled and start kicking his leg again.

Kipp does what Acer does. He has a spot on his chest that if you scratch it, he goes bonkers, his leg kicking like mad and his little eyes close and his little ears droop. :rolleyes:

Tess is not ticklish, but she has very, very sensitive paws & tail. She permits no one to touch her tail hair. She will nail Kipp to the floor if he steps on her tail. He has finally learned to avoid stepping on it. I can brush her, but only with a huge amount of commentary (i.e., growls, groans, moans, yips, yaps, etc.) from her. She's quite the chatty dog anyway, but brushing or bathing or toenail trimming really gets very noisy. :D

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com

Most dogs are ticklish right on their tummies where their ribs stop. That is Dazzy's and Peanut's favorite spots! Peanut likes to have a commentary going - she is loud but she LOVES it! :rolleyes: