BC Boards

Sooo Mad!! (What Would You Do?)*Long*

Did they say what else they would do if that didnt work?

Sorry for all the questions but this has got me really interested/upset for you/ and possibly that child given what must have caused it. I cant imagine being uncared for at such a young age!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said that they are going to assign it an early behavior intervention nurse. They are to come out with an interpreter for Russian.

Past that they said they don't know what to do. Maybe call the police she said...Nice eh?

Originally posted by Beth G:

They said that they are going to assign it an early behavior intervention nurse. They are to come out with an interpreter for Russian.

Past that they said they don't know what to do. Maybe call the police she said...Nice eh?

Who did you talk with?

A lady named Linda. Not sure what her title is. All I know is she took it to her supervisor and that was their decision.

That's what Linda told me that they will notice and trust you, me, they will! This boy doesn't care who he acts out in front of!!

Also, she told me, that they like to try to keep the kids in the home and also, that it isn't a one visit deal it is ongoing.

Thank the lord. I donot think there is an easy fix for that kind of thing. Especially when a child that young shows that kind of behavior!!

Thanks and I do feel better too. ~Phew!~

Although secretly wondering how comfortable it is going to be living here from now on.

Plus, now my husband is griping about the "big" deal I made about it today.

Why he's being like that I have no clue.

I just don't think he gets it... that letting that kind of thing go could have serious consequences for us all.

You shouldnt worry about that. You said you were looking to move anyway, if your hubby is anything like mine he doesnt like making afuss over anything! Perhaps he just cant see the big picture in the same way you can. Do the neighbours know who called the child protection agency (or whatever its called, sorry)?

No but I can imagine they will figure it out as they just had animal control over there today about their kid bothering our dogs.

Originally posted by Beth G:

that it isn't a one visit deal it is ongoing.

Thank the lord. I donot think there is an easy fix for that kind of thing. Especially when a child that young shows that kind of behavior!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this nurse will be worth her salt and pick up on what must be a number of problems in this home. Just imagine what is going on behind closed doors if this is how the kid and adults act out in public, for all to see. I shudder for that helpless baby.

You did the right thing by calling PS. Sometimes the absolute best thing to do in a situation is also one of the hardest. By making the report, you may be bringing help to a very ill family and doing your part to make your community safer.

CPS calls are anomonious, even when the social workers knows who called, they don't give that information to the family being investigated.

It's not that husbands don't see why their wives did something, it's that they see it an embarassment. They don't like people knowing they couldn't handle a situation by themselves without the authorities--they don't like help. Same as stopping for directions. It degrades the concept of being the protector and provider of the family. At least, those are my observations of my father and brother, the men on this board can tell me if I have it right.

If it were me, I would video the child pushing the baby carriage around unsafely and then call Child Protective Services. Tell them you have a video of a child in an unsafe environment and give them a COPY of the tape and tell them to contact Animal Control. If nothing happens, turn a COPY of the tape over to local news media. Foster care may or may not result but at the very least, the parents would be required to attend parenting courses (at least in Texas) which might make an impression. Keep the original of the tape in case you ever have to defend yourself or your dogs in court because of this family.

Good job, Beth G - as others have said, you and the neighbours may be the start of providing very necessary help for that family.

As far as your husband goes, make sure you sho him narcodog's post on this thread. That is from someone who is at the sharp end.

You did the right thing, just keep telling yourself that! Just think how bad you'd feel if next time that kid was messing around with the pushchair the baby got seriously hurt, or next time he tourmented your dogs they bit him!

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING HUNNY!!!

I worked with Emotional and Behavior Handicapped Middle Schoolers. Yes, I see this kid going that way. But since parents are not intervening, and you have a child his age it is an opportunity to atleast try to fix the problem on your end with him. Let me attempt to explain. The kids I worked with often gave others troubles they didn't give me. Quite frankly, they didn't want other kids to play basketball with me cause they thought that kid would hurt me. As if their stomping on my toes didn't hurt :rolleyes: Once I got the toe squashes stopped they were great for me. Let a sub-teacher come in and all HEllo broke loose. My car got vandalized and I was asked if it was possible my kids did it. I could answer without a doubt NOPE. My kids wanted to do some extreme justice if they ever found out who did it. Now,I was fair but firm. 4 yr olds are not the best reasoners. Prim example is the old nose trick. Just telling them you will take their nose and playfully tugging slightly and They really belive you did it. Doesn't matter they can still see it or feel it on their face... YOU TOOK THEIR NOSE. :eek:

As for the worry you are a phedophile. Do the activity outside in plain view. You don't have to use your house. Sidewalk chalk, bubbles, sprinklers any of this activites can be done outside and usually where one kid is doing this here comes the rest of them. Maybe inlist the other abused neighbors to help supervise or join in with their kids/animals and do activites. Introduce an animal at a time. Basically, I'm saying use Behavior Modification. If this kid was sliding down a rail, I'd have him keep sliding till his britches wore out or I got tired. Can't do that with dog kicking. And since he doesn't belong to you you can't kick him softly to show him how it feels. Now, You mite not be a big threat but don't ever show your fear. Stay calm and non shockable. Example: 2 of my heathens would constantly swing a pencil near my eyes. As the Sand Hills Mental Hospital Instructor told me my blinking was a sign of fear. Now his answer to this behavior was not to blink. I wore glasses or contacts, I was going to blink. MY solution was really simple. Look kid in the eye and say it like I meant it " Go ahead make my day." Key to this is your tone. If you have one of those soft nicey voices, gather up your best hatred dripping voice and use it. Don't expect miracles but be consistent.

And for the record sometimes doing all the behavior modification/positive or negative doesn't do a thing for some kids. But given his age and their none watching, he mite have a chance. I had one kid that seemed so sweet till he got past the honeymoon stage. Even his folks had no clue how to help and they were trying. Another kid got his straight from his family. He was in our program, his sister and his cousin all in the same program. Only kid we didn't have was the baby and it just wasn't in school yet.

Here is an idea. Get with neighbors and see if anyone would be interested in maybe asking the K-9 unit to show there dogs and explain what they do. Hint most of those folk would love the opportunity to let kids know about their jobs etc. Even a DARE program mite be willing to come with dogs.

You never know kid could try his kick trick and get someone else with connects on parents case. Or if really lucky the right switch goes off in his little head and he learns hwo to be with animals.

Regardless of if you try any of the above suggestions. Document and make the calls.

Originally posted by Meg's mum:

You'd have to learn Serbian or whatever and come up with a terrible threat. How to make their eyes glow red?

Why in the world Serbian, when they are Russians? Or are you of the opinion that everyone in Eastern Europe is all the same? I realy hate when I hear statements like this....

And Beth, no questions about the boy, he's a disturbed kid whose parents do not have any considerations for animals and never encouraged him to open up and play with animals. I've known my share of kids like this when I was growing up. And in a way, it might be a cultural thing. The issue is with his parents, more than with the kid.

There is no way of having k-9 come over as the parents are terrified of dogs. They have taught this to the kids too. Fear and hate.

They used to use german shepherds over in russia to keep the russians in line and I think thats why. They let them maul people.

But thank you so much everyone for your support. I will definately keep you all updated as this progresses.