BC Boards

Sheepdog Glory

Heather

Starting in 2009, Outrun Press will be reprinting out-of-print titles that are of interest to the working sheepdog community. (Send us your suggestions for your favorite out of print titles, and we'll look into them!). Our first reprint is now available, and we're very pleased to present it. SHEEPDOG GLORY, written by Roy Saunders, was originally published in 1956, and it's a wonderful book to curl up with by the fire.

Our new edition also includes a preface by David Rees, who knew the author personally. The books should be ready to ship toward the end of the coming week. We'll mail out any orders we get this week immediately (first-class mail), so with a little luck, orders sent next week can still arrive by Christmas. Here's some more information about the book, from the original book jacket:

Originally published in 1956, SHEEPDOG GLORY is the true biography of Toss, a border collie owned by Roy Saunders and trained by him for stardom in the annual sheepdog trials. Toss's education is described from the moment the scraggy puppy revealed his astonishing instinct for working sheep to the day when he triumphantly justified his master's faith in him during his first trials season. Roy Saunders tells the story of Toss within the framework of a shepherd's year, with its dramas of raiding foxes and sheep buried in snow, its happy moments at lambing time, and its many tasks and responsibilities. These combine to make the real "glory" of Toss's life, beyond his triumphs in the eyes of the public. This book brings to life the moving, ancient partnership between dog and man, so critical to the working life of a hill shepherd.

For ordering information, check out the following link:

http://www.outrunpress.com/catalogue.html

Hello everyone,

Well, the "elves" at Outrun Press must be working overtime! I ordered a copy of Sheepdog Glory on Monday, and it arrived in today's mail (five days later)! What a pleasant surprise that the book arrived so quickly, and I am looking forward to reading it. Many thanks to Heather and Sally!

Regards to all,

nancy

Lucky you, you must be closer to them than I am. :rolleyes: I ordered mine on Sunday and I am still waiting for it here in the Midwest. :D Sure could use some good reading for the next few days when it is super cold again.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...
Lucky you, you must be closer to them than I am. :rolleyes: I ordered mine on Sunday and I am still waiting for it here in the Midwest. :D Sure could use some good reading for the next few days when it is super cold again.

Kathy

Well, I got mine on the 22nd and had it read before the end of the weekend. I might have even finished it Friday night.

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...