BC Boards

Oregon in June

Hubby and I are going to Crater Lake, OR at the end of June. In my latest edition of the Working Border Collie, I saw a trial date of June 29-July 2 in Sprague River, OR. So I talked the hubby into staying near Crater Lake one extra day to watch the last day of the open trial in order to watch a double lift!!!!

I'm so excited...it will be nice to watch a trial on the west coast and meet new people.

Rachel

I probably run my dog at the Sprague River trial. The trial is set in a scenic location with an ideal double lift field with water and a bridge to cross...the downside is it can be very dusty. You might think about camping at Collier State Park (approx 20 miles away in Chiloquin) or you could call the trial host and see if spectators are allowed to camp onsite.

Hope to see you there.

Awesome I was born and raised there and watching BCs at the Benton County Fair and the WAG dogs (agility) is what turned me onto the breed. Never actually went to crater lake though :rolleyes: Never been to the Sprague river. I thought it was in Washington actually.

EDIT: WAG = Willamette Agility Group.

I can't wait to go. We unfortunately aren't bringing the dogs as they would have to fly and we don't want to risk taking them if we don't have to.

Camping would be great and we love to camp; however, we are flying out there so space will be limited...we will probably try to find a hotel near by or just keep our cabin at Crater Lake for one more night.

Smiley - we are staying here...http://www.craterlakeresort.com/

It is pretty inexpensive.

Elizabeth - I will have to try to get up with you if you will be there.