BC Boards
sandra s.

Greeting the snow

As always, we went up to say hello to the first "proper" snow we've had this year. The weather was just gorgeous. Unfortunately, it was one of these days where Kessie had absolutely no sense of humour. I think she's always well aware of the snow situation, since she always puts up some protest when we cross the line to dire snowlessness while walking back down. The snow we had down here has already gone...she knows that, too! Since folks here seem to enjoy our mountain pictures, I'll post them anyway. And she does look good even with a scowl on.

DSCF2744kl.jpg

She's just switching from summer coat to winter coat, looking less elegant in the meantime. Not that a fully grown winter coat could make this look graceful.

DSCF2748kl.jpg

Evidence of lack of snow in the valley:

DSCF2756kl.jpg

Very serious problem indeed!

DSCF2757kl.jpg

Kyla found some other entertainment:

DSCF2763kl.jpg

...and even managed to engage Kessie for a while:

DSCF2764kl.jpg

Kessie has been on most of these, except for the large hulk on the left. That's still staring accusingly at us wherever we look out from. It's limestone, so it would involve me lugging two large water bottles for the three of us, and that is a pretty good deterrent!

DSCF2766kl.jpg

DSCF2773kl.jpg

Squinty stare:

DSCF2776kl.jpg

View to the southwest. The big one is the Zugspitze, which some people might have heard of simply because it's the highest mountain in Germany, and people make one heck of a fuss about just it for that reason.

DSCF2782kl.jpg

Gorgeous, Sandra! Love Kessie's intense stares.

And that back air shot, oh, my, if only she'd knew you're posting this unflattering shot of her for the entire BC world to see... :rolleyes::D :D

if only she'd knew you're posting this unflattering shot of her for the entire BC world to see...

...she'd probably ask ME to jump after a snowball, and how *I* would look doing that, and I'm afraid I'd have to concede the point :D (is that what you say, concede the point? I'm on beer number three, trying to come down after a Deep Purple concert and a long drive home, and language is starting to look funny :rolleyes: ).

I just love your pictures. -sigh- They have put Germany on a must see list for Chris and me. That goofy shot of Kessie is priceless!

Sounds like a perfect night, Sandra, Deep Purple concert and beer :D But only three beers, you still have time? :D

P.S. As I'm listening to Judas Priest and drinking wine - I think I understand your state of mind :rolleyes:

They have put Germany on a must see list for Chris and me. That goofy shot of Kessie is priceless!

I would go to Austria, or Switzerland, or northern Italy! Germany touches the rim of the Alps where I live, but most of what you see in my mountain photos is in Austria. Of course, it's all pretty small so you could see all of them.

Sounds like a perfect night, Sandra, Deep Purple concert and beer But only three beers, you still have time?

As it turns out, I do have time for beer number four...after that one, there's no more in the fridge, and I am not drinking warm beer! I will regret this in the morning anyway. There is frost on the grass tonight, and I've been waiting for it (photography-wise). Guess I'll miss it this time!

Geeky bunch, aren't they :rolleyes: . But what a good time they had! How can you play to a bunch of po-faced Germans and get such a thrill from it? Maybe there were younger, more active people down the front...

As always, we went up to say hello to the first "proper" snow we've had this year. The weather was just gorgeous. Unfortunately, it was one of these days where Kessie had absolutely no sense of humour. I think she's always well aware of the snow situation, since she always puts up some protest when we cross the line to dire snowlessness while walking back down. The snow we had down here has already gone...she knows that, too! Since folks here seem to enjoy our mountain pictures, I'll post them anyway. And she does look good even with a scowl on.

DSCF2744kl.jpg

She's just switching from summer coat to winter coat, looking less elegant in the meantime. Not that a fully grown winter coat could make this look graceful.

DSCF2748kl.jpg

Evidence of lack of snow in the valley:

DSCF2756kl.jpg

Very serious problem indeed!

DSCF2757kl.jpg

Kyla found some other entertainment:

DSCF2763kl.jpg

DSCF2764kl.jpg

Kessie has been on most of these, except for the large hulk on the left. That's still staring accusingly at us wherever we look out from. It's limestone, so it would involve me lugging two large water bottles for the three of us, and that is a pretty good deterrent!

DSCF2766kl.jpg

DSCF2773kl.jpg

Squinty stare:

DSCF2776kl.jpg

View to the southwest. The big one is the Zugspitze, which some people might have heard of simply because it's the highest mountain in Germany, and people make one heck of a fuss about just it for that reason.

DSCF2782kl.jpg

What a beautiful place, I had been to Garmisch a few times, and never tire of the view.

Lovely photos, Sandra! It's great to see the Snow Queen back in her element. I really, really liked the pic of Kessie running -- it was awesome.

I agree--gorgeous scenery and amazing shots!

I vote for the next BC Boards get together to take place in the Alps!

Glad you enjoyed our snow! I've heard there'll be more this week, and I'm looking forward to it (she's trained me well, hasn't she!).

Garmisch is lucky indeed when it comes to the scenery! We should go there more often than we do. One day, I'll try to get up the Alpspitze with Kessie (not by the ferrata, but the other way. Not sure if that's possible, but one can always go back down.).

I hardly ever get any sharp running pics of dogs, so I'm happy about that one too! It may be the sharpest one I've got so far. This camera isn't very useful for action shots.

I vote for the next BC Boards get together to take place in the Alps!

I'd vote for that, too! We haven't met another BC in...I don't even know how long! We did meet a gorgeous, fluffy young Aussie, but he didn't know the secret BC code word. Kessie plucked a mouthful of fluff out of his neck for not meeting her etiquette standards :rolleyes: .

DSCF2764kl.jpg

OMG, Dulce and Lena had a stick like this today. I was wishing at the time we had digital video, but we don't and it was over before I could get a camera.

Each dog had an end but was facing opposite directions so they were running with the stick together, but in circles. They looked like a hurricane moving erratically across the yard. What really had me laughing so hard was the Westie in the middle trying to grab at the spinning stick, but unable to get a grip. So he would rush toward one dog or the other on the ends to try and grab with them. They weren't having any of it though, so which ever one he ran toward, sped up to keep out of reach, which sent them spinning faster and faster. It was so funny!

Beautiful pictures!

I love that leaping shot, looks like Kessie was just so excited that her snow was back! lol

Beautiful photo's, i do enjoy seeing your two and your snowy scenery. Thanks for posting them. :rolleyes:

Yay, more snow!! It's about half an hour's walk upwards from here now. I wouldn't mind a bit more though. I love stuffing Kessie into a snow heap (since I can't really throw a snowball in her face when she's being a pest about snowballs).

They're hilarious when they're tugging on something. Kyla gets really angry, and Kessie just seems to tease her for the sake of it. If we had a third dog, I think it would be Kyla dangling in the middle, roaring and trying to take the stick away from both of them :rolleyes: . At least that's what she does when Kessie and I play with the tug rope.

Fantastic pictures as always!! I love them all but the one of Kessie flying through the air has to be my favorite. What's the story behind that photo? :rolleyes:

Fantastic pictures as always!! I love them all but the one of Kessie flying through the air has to be my favorite. What's the story behind that photo? :D

Just a snowball, a lot of teeth and determination, and a silly photo nut kneeling in the wet snow :D . I take these photos every winter, even though I already have too many of them. It's that lottery effect that's addicting - you just don't know what you'll get when you press the button (whose English name has completely left my head :rolleyes: ).