BC Boards

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

A friend of mine is wildy praising a new bestseller called 'The Story of Edgar Sawtelle', a story about a mute boy and his relationship with a special breed of highly intelligent dogs. The book is very highly praised from a literary standpoint, but a few of the Amazon reviews have been mixed.

Has anyone read this yet? Would you recommend it?

Beki, I hadnt read it, but have been interested in reading it. I listened to a review about the book on MPR awhile back. I wrote it down so I could be sure to be on the look out for the book, and I have it written down as David Sawtelle. Im pretty sure we are talikng about the same book, but am now wondering if I wrote down the wrong name....well, I got the Sawtelle right anyway. If you find it before I do, you'll have to let me know how you enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...
A friend of mine is wildy praising a new bestseller called 'The Story of Edgar Sawtelle', a story about a mute boy and his relationship with a special breed of highly intelligent dogs. The book is very highly praised from a literary standpoint, but a few of the Amazon reviews have been mixed.

Has anyone read this yet? Would you recommend it?

There was a recent post about this book on this forum, but couldn't find it.

I'm picking it up from library in an hour. I'm really looking forward in reading it.

It's a novel by a first time writer(computer software designer), about a deaf boy and his dog.

Here's a video clip of the author on the Today show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26437726#26437726

Lance