BC Boards

What sports do you do?

We only do agility as far as sports go, and that's mainly for fun. Ina addition to agility, my older girl and I visit as a therapy dog team at a local retirement community and my younger dog and I are starting in Search and Rescue. Both activities get us out and about and build my skills with my dogs, and both help others. :rolleyes:

I do agility with Piper and Tweed. I used to do flyball with both of them, Piper especially, but it was a bit too much dogsport in my life. I don't like spending all of my weekends at dogsport venues.

Piper used to do stockwork as a hobby, but she did not have a particular amount of talent. She does however visit the local AIDS hospice with me through the volunteer group I work for.

Mr. Woo does diddly.

RDM

Currently, I have one that does agility and a little flyball, one that does herding, and one who is retired from everything except competitive fetch at the park, though in his day, he participated in agility, flyball, herding, disc, and freestyle.

I have begged them to consolidate their activities to just one, but so far they are not complying. I have a calendar with their various events written down (colour-coded, of course) and I try to make sure that the two actively competing dogs get the same number of competition opportunities. Sigh. I have become the crazy dog lady that my friends warned me about.

Flyball and agility competitively, herding (rarely) and obedience for fun. Well, I can't stand obedience but Delta seems to love it for some reason so its fun for her. They want me to trial her but I find training boring enough let alone spending the day at an obedience trial. At least flyball and agility are exciting.

Wednesdays are my only dog-free day (I used to have netball on wednesdays) at the moment but im considering joining another agility club on wednesday nights, just not sure if 3 nights of agility a week would be too much :D Weekends are either trials or flyball training at the moment. Parents want to know why I haven't settled down with a man but I don't see that happening unless they were prepared to commit to dog sports 7 days a week just so they can see me :rolleyes:

ETA: We also do lure coursing non-competitively when it fits into the schedule.

We compete in flyball, frisbee and agility.

Xena our 27month old BC girl is titled in all three and is going really well.

CK our 22 month old BC boy is titled in frisbee and flyball, but is yet to find a happy medium between no and go in agility. :rolleyes: It's either no, not interested today (usually because he is a bit confused and I have asked too much of him) or about 1 million miles an hour and he misses obstacles. Fortunately it's a bit more of the latter at the moment. Once we get him on track not too many dogs will keep up with him.

Just have to get the handler right now!

Both the dogs run in the same flyball team and should be running in the sub 5 second club by the end of the year. (CK already is - Xena just needs a little more box work to get to her potential.

CK is great at toss and fetch frisbee, but isn't really drivey enough to do well at freestyle, but we are working on it.

Xena is a born frisbee nut and lands brilliantly on all four from any angle. We are debuting in our first freestyle comp early in October - I can't wait.

It's a really full schedule, be we chose working dogs in suburbia and it gives us a brilliant social life, even if others think we have no life. How many people do you know go to a party with their dogs just about every Saturday night of the year!

I do agility and flyball competitively with Alex. Lilly used to do both (only sorta competitively), but she's pretty much retired (too much stress for her=no fun). She still tags along to the occasional practice or class, just to visit her adoring fans.

I'm taking herding lessons with Jack, and it's my favorite of all our activities. Alex has been a few times to see sheep, but so far isn't showing much aptitude. Jack is a mix, so we're not going to burn up any trial fields, but if I get a wild hair some day, we might try some AHBA.

We're not as busy as we used to be since Lilly is retired, but I'm usually busy two nights a week with flyball and agility. And Saturday morning herding lessons as often as I can get them, twice a month or so. Flyball tourneys are about one weekend a month, same with agility.

Agility competitevly, Herding seriously as of now(will be competing), and Disc for fun.

Herding - that takes up most of my training time. Both the borders go to agility trining one night a week for fun and I also take all 3 to obedience training when I get time, more for the outing and because I instruct when I can.

Agility competitively- Me and Cressa are obsessive with agility. Cressa does awesome her handler tho could use some work.

Hoping to do obedience competitively soon! I like obedience cause it help Cressa stress/worry less. Also it help reinforce her stays on the line. LOL

Herding- in training when we have the time. Cressa loves every second tho!

Troy is also in train for agility and obedience. Can't say he is as obsessed with it as Cressa. Troy is more obsessed with being a mama boy.

SSC

I tried to get my Aussie Cody into competitive agility, but at the moment between not being able to drive (thankfully I have a father who doesn't mind hauling me and the dogs around places), and having pretty much no money - we only do agility practice for fun. I'm training Cody in flyball though, hoping we'll be able to enter a competition in a few months. He'll be on a veterans flyball team, since he's almost 8 years old.

Nova is too young still to do much - but I'm working on basics in agility, flyball, and frisbee. I'm hoping to be able to try her at Dock Diving in the future, and maybe one day I'll be able to test her on stock and see how she does.

I love dog sports, but I'm just not in a place in my life yet where I can actually persue them much.

Im an agility junkie in dire need of a fix, my aussie retired unexpectedly so right now Im living vicariously through my daughter. With luck though I'll be bringing my baby boy out next spring....I hope I hope. We're also looking at doing a little herding, but agility is my passion. God am I jonesin for a fix have been dreaming about attending trials...not a good thing...sever withdraws and everything....eeekkk

We are training in herding... that takes most of our time since we shoot for 2 to 3 times a week on sheep. We also do Obedience once a week - mostly for the social outing of it - he is only 8 months old, so we have not dipped into agility at this time, but may try that out for fun after we complete Obedience.

These dogs are so multi-talented...you can really do whatever you want and chances are good that they will be great at whatever you choose!

Herding is our main focus for now and it seems to suit him quite well...now if we can just get the handler up to speed :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Disc titles can be attained in the CDDA (Canadian Disc Dog Association)

I compete a little in disc (occasionally, when the trial's aren't too far away from me) and do a little bit of agility for fun. Our main sport though is dogsledding, both recreationally and we race. If the weather co-operates and none of the races get cancelled we should be at 5 of them this winter. I'll be racing in the 4-dog sprint classes and my daughter will be in a couple of youth/novice classes, or kid & mutt classes again, depending on what's offered at the races we attend. Also my daughter likes to skijor with the dogs. Last year we took a few really nice little trips with the dogs, her skijoring, me sledding and we packed along some food and had a picnic when we stopped for a break. The spring thaw came so late last year that we were able to make use of a trail near us that was by then closed to snowmobiles but still had a nice base of snow on it.

In Australia it is possible to title in frisbee, not sure about other places. It's not available in Sydney but its pretty popular in other states.

Link to title info

Disc titles can be attained in the CDDA (Canadian Disc Dog Association)

Wow! I'm surprised that there's nothing like that around here.

Thanks for the info.