BC Boards

Ellie the REscue Princess

After a rather long series of posts concerning breeding Ellie we made the decision to gut her and get her a pal from one of the local ranchers that had one of our older pups. SO Ellie now haas Hank to pal around with and she is quite the protector and incredibly patient with a now 10 week male BC. Bonding very well and if another dog comes around Ellie gets herself between the pup and the other dog. It has helped her shy fearfulness and gives her a fine audio visual for learning. Hank (not named after the CowDog) but The Fabulous Ms. Leslie Dad is fearless jumps in the river at 6 weeks and swam out. If I ever get pictures I'll post 'em up. :rolleyes:

post-7306-1219602240_thumb.jpg

post-7306-1219602267_thumb.jpg

After a rather long series of posts concerning breeding Ellie we made the decision to gut her and get her a pal from one of the local ranchers that had one of our older pups. SO Ellie now haas Hank to pal around with

I'm sure most here (if not all) are glad that you had Ellie "spayed" (I actually gasped when I read "gut" :rolleyes: -- am I missing something but isn't that what you do to dead animals?) and that she is now paling around with Hank. Is he the b+w fellow lounging in the photo? And the red + white, Ellie -- I don't remember her being red and white. I'll bet they'll be great friends as Hank grows up.

Ailsa

It's great to hear that you had Ellie spayed. Hank is a very hadsome young pup. I wouldn't let him swim out to far though, I still won't let Black Jack swim out to far by himself. Thanks for the update on your pups.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeppers Ellie is the red and white and Hank is the white and black. I need to re name Hank to "I'm In" no matter what we do he is in! Ellei has become a fine surrogate Mom and a real good puppy herself as she time travels so maybe one day soon Hank (10 weeks) and Ellie will end up the same age. She has been nor ethan good she has been superb and incredibly patient even trying to teach Hank a few things. Probably would have made a good mom but that's all way in the past now.