• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cap- Formal- Captain McCrae- Off Duty- Mister Cap

Gunny- Formal- Gunnery Sargent- Off Duty- Gooney

We have a new pup- Sweep- Formal- None as of yet- Off Duty- Sweep The BROOM

OKay you guys are really beginning to freak me out! (I actually had to look up Dokken on Wikipedia!)

Again, very off topic here, but where are others who look back fondly to the days of Genesis, Cream, CCR, CSNY, not to mention the Beatles, Stones et al. Anybody else out there????? :rolleyes:

Ailsa

Alisa, I am here. Not necessarily by age, but by training. Raised on classic rock, and proud of it. found my own music, but always willing to show indy, alt, *rap* and metal people where their favorite sounds borrow from, due to an intensive childhood training ritual:

*dad allows 5 sec of a song to be played on radio* ..."Who is this?" Double points if he only played me a guitar solo.

And Melanie and Anda, you might be uber jealous to learn that my BIL just completed his masters in pop culture studies ... thesis in BLACK METAL. :D He is starting his dissertation work in Hawaii this month! What an academic career, eh? :D

Annie -

Annaballs (Annie was named after DW's grandmother, Annabelle, and Annie has a ball fetish)

Brat (needs no explanation)

Daddy's Girl (also needs no explanation)

PITA (I'll let you figure out what it means...)

Incidentally, Ailsa, yes, I do remember those groups. But my favorite groups have always been the heavy metal bands where the drummer carries the melody, bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Great White, Poison, T Rex, Whitesnake, etc.

but I can't remember those days too clearly

They say the memory is the second thing to go, but I'll darned if I can remember what the first thing is. (Actually, I do remember what, I just don't remember how; I can't recall who gets tied up.) I just hope (for your sake) that your recall issues are related to maturity and not chemicals...

Alisa, I am here. Not necessarily by age, but by training. Raised on classic rock, and proud of it. found my own music, but always willing to show indy, alt, *rap* and metal people where their favorite sounds borrow from, due to an intensive childhood training ritual:

*dad allows 5 sec of a song to be played on radio* ..."Who is this?" Double points if he only played me a guitar solo.

Ooky,

You remind me of me! I got that from my former BIL, who was a musician (more so in his own mind :rolleyes: ) and would get me to identify every last Beatle song by name and lead vocalist.

Incidentally, Ailsa, yes, I do remember those groups. But my favorite groups have always been the heavy metal bands where the drummer carries the melody, bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Great White, Poison, T Rex, Whitesnake, etc.

Bustopher, my vision of you has changed irreversibly :D:D

Ailsa

It's been fun to read everyone's nicknames, and the metalhead stuff is just astounding... I never would have guessed.

Mine definitely have some nicknames, and I have no respect for the dignity of my dogs' names.

Ling - pretty, little, baby, princess, (one or all, in any combination, she knows that's her name too), Dingaling

Bingo - a couple from Monty Python are my favorite, Bignose and Biggus, also Mr. B, Mr. Big, Mr. Biggie or just Mr. or just Biggie. He wags his silly tail to any of those.

Shelby = Shelb's, and this one..... Bee--otch.... kinda embarsssing becase she responds to that better then her name. and if I am calling her and she's not listening last resort is Bee-OTCH!!!!!!!!

you can't imagine the looks I get

My late, great Girlfriend the Wonderdog: Pooter, poutin' pooter, woochie, grumpy girl, fat dog, oogie boogs, itchy bitchy (she had allergies).

Little'un: MISTER puppy, Dude (he probably thinks this is his name, except when he's in trouble), Sir Stinksalot (he was very odorous child!), Mr. Velvet ears.

Belle: Bellie Bell, girlie, curly girlie, squirrely girlie, goofy girl, girlie-babe.

Yes, we're pathetic :rolleyes:

Ailsa, would it remediate my image if I admitted how much I miss my 1949 Harley 74 with the suicide shift? Or my 1934 Chevy with the 1958 Buick full-house engine? :D

Bustopher,

Was this yours?!

post-8421-1219706132_thumb.jpg

That's better. I'm impressed and in love. Don't tell my DH. :D

A.

P.S. I can't believe where this thread has gone.......... :rolleyes:

Laura, that's awesome, my favorite bands right there :D And I do remember everything (well... almost, except a few concerts - but my amnesia was strictly alcohol related :rolleyes: ). Just another reason why I like you so much :D)))))

With Blue I end up calling him:

Blueshnikins "thats his gang name"

Bluescreen "good nickname for dog, bad for computer"

Bluecifer "when he is evil"

Bluelight "when he is special:)"

BLUUUU "when i really need his attention"

But my favorite groups have always been the heavy metal bands where the drummer carries the melody, bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Great White, Poison, T Rex, Whitesnake, etc.

Oh yeah!!! I'm a metalhead myself! Those were the days! And I love classical too. Probably the ballet training. Just never have been able to get into rap though. :rolleyes:

Laura, that's awesome, my favorite bands right there :D And I do remember everything (well... almost, except a few concerts - but my amnesia was strictly alcohol related :rolleyes: ). Just another reason why I like you so much :D )))))

Well, great minds do think alike! :D

*Ahem* meemeemee ...

OH CHRISTMAS TWEED, OH CHRISTMAS TWEED

HOW LOVELY IS YOUR EYE SNOT

OH CHRISTMAS TWEED, OH CHRISTMAS TWEED

I LOVE YOU OODLES ... OR NOT

etc.

My dog walker nicknamed him "Tweird" and he has been called Tweedle Dumb on more than one occasion. He is also Mr. T, Tweeder Weeder, Big T and Smoocherooni YooHoo (I dunno).

Her name was PIPER,

PIPER the HYPER

The Boingyest Dog in Vancouver

Oh Miss PIPER, PIPER the HY-Y-Y-PER

Boinging and bouncing

And lots of a-flouncing ...

or

His name was TWEEDER

TWEEDER The WEINER

The silliest dog in Vancouver

etc.

Piper is called Pipesy Doodle Dandy, Miss P and Princess.

Mr. Woo - ohdeargod. Woodles, Woo, WOOT!, Wootie, Noodles, Noods, Noodley Woodley, Tricky, WOOHOO!, HEYGETOVERHEREI'MTALKINGTOYOU!

Mr Tweedman .... bring me a Q

Make it the bestest run that you'll ever do

Hit your contacts on every A-Frame

Do it for Sheena so she won't call you bad names!

And then we have the bath time song.

Oh Mr Tweedy, why are you so blue?

Is it cuz it's bath time, and Mommy's scrubbing you?

Oh Mr Tweedy, why are you so sad?

It's wet and warm and soapy and it's really not that bad!

Yeah. We're an odd bunch.

RDM

OMG this thread is killing me! :rolleyes:

My dog's nicknames are not nearly as funny as some others, but here they are anyways...

Lizzy = Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzy Bear, Liz the Griz, Lizzy Bean, Wizzy, Dingo & Princess.

Jak = Jackie, Jackie Boy, Jackie Wacky, Jackson, Little Man, Little Buddy, Powder Warden, and finally, "Jak - Sexier than Patrick Swayzie in Road House".

Brass = Brassy, Miss Brassy Pants, Brassy Wassy, Pretty Girl & Old Lady

You don't think that's funny?

Funnier yet was how last week when Road House was on TV, my DH wanted Jak to watch it with him... and then kept commenting throughout the movie how Jak was sexier than Patrick Swayze. :rolleyes::D I wasn't sure if I should laugh, cry, or call for a straight jacket. LOL