BC Boards

Sam is a thief!

lol Riven steals chicken bones out of the trash if she can do it without being caught. One morning after my hubby left I heard her crunching and thought oh he gave her a treat. A while later I heard it again and got up... she had a chicken bone and the trash lid was open. I guess she's figured out if she stands on the opener by the floor she can dig in.

At least it wasnt the whole loaf lol thats too funny.

One BC I had would only counter surf for stick of butter (never margarine) if I had it on the counter to soften up. He'd eat the whole thing, paper and all, before you could blink and the little stinker never got sick or the runs from it.

I also had a Lab who LOVED peaches and I swear he would sit under the tree and drool waiting for them to get ripe(I think this is because a green peach looks a lot like a green tennis ball). He would either sit under the peach tree waiting for them to drop or would jump up, grab a branch and pull hard to get them to fall. One day I had picked a couple of flats to take to work and left them on the picnic table while I ran into the house to get something. I was gone for about 5 minutes and when I came back out there wasn't a single peach left. Just wet pits on the lawn. I know peach pits can be poisonous to animals, but this dog never ate the pits - he always spit them out! We just kept the pits picked up so the rest of the dogs didn't get to them.

Green peaches as tennis balls, that's too funny, Jeanne

My dog would eat ANY vegetable or fruit. Loves black olives (green ones are too tarty for his taste, I guess) And any type of paper :rolleyes: He's, on the other hand, EXTREMLY moody when it comes to dog food

I think he would be so happy if he could figure out how to be switched to a diet of toilet paper and cucumbers and milk/whipped cream

Once dh's childhood GSD mix dog ate the whole entire Thanksgiving turkey. Then promptly shot it ALL over, ceiling and all, and not out the pretty end. He was the only one home with squeamish step-grandma. Guess who had to clean it all up? (+ she was pretty mad his dog ate her turkey, I think she should have taken better care of her turkey, but water under the bridge)

I have a swing bin in the kitchen and one day I caught my dog-hating cat sat in it (it was nearly full). She was sat in the top throwing out al the chicken bones ready for her to go get but as fast as she could drop them to the floor Bailey was collecting them and running to his bed before going back to get more. Cleo did look confused when she jumped out expecting to find a nice big pile of bones waiting for her . As for Bailey he was too busy sulking because I'd taken them away from him!

Oh and for animals eating strange thing, the same cat like banana cake and dried pasta!

my jake is a thief as well their was 3/4 of a large pie for my tea on the counter, i went in the kitchen and there was no trace that it ever existed! he also stole my cream bun from the same counter!!! you forget how tall they are standing up!!!

We adopted a stray when I was young. She appeared to be part Border Collie and "smart as a whip" to quote my Mom. As a new dog in the household, she was tethered to the doorknob on the kitchen door that first day alone. There was a roast chicken cooling in its pan on top of the stove. Can you see where this is going?

Although we never figured out how she could get to the stove (the lead was too short for her to reach), all we found was a pan licked spotless and enough bone fragments to fill a thimble. She was probably smart enough to take her lead off the doorknob, get the chicken and pan back to the door, and replace the lead on the doorknob, just to keep us wondering (just joking).

My Dad, in the thinking of the time, rolled up a section of newspaper and scolded her by waving it in her face. She never made another mistake again, and was the best companion a girl ever grew up, wandered, biked, slept, or played with.

I can't bring sour cream into the house. It only makes it as far as the front door. While I am unloading groceries Cocoa will search the bags and carry the sour cream container to her crate. It is not until I am done putting everything away that I realize it is gone. By then it is too late. I can't remember the last time I was able to have sour cream on my baked potatoes. I have given up buying it. The rascal will pass up steaks to find that stupid sour cream. Go figure.

Toni

Before Kailyn, we had a BC/GSD mix named Hershey. I knew never to leave anything on the counter,but on one particular garbage day, I had cleaned out the fridge, putting all the solid waste in the garbage and all of the wet waste, spaghetti sauce, etc., in an ice cream bucket to deal with later. The kids were late for school, so I put the yucky, full ice cream bucket in the kitchen sink, thinking Hershey could never reach it to pull it out. (What was I thinking!) When I came back home 15 minutes later, I knew something was up when my pup was in the bedroom and didn't come out to greet me. She was feeling fine (and I'm sure comfortably full) other than bigtime guilt. When I went into the kitchen, I discovered that she had tried several times to pull the container out of the sink, only to have it drop back in, splashing its contents all over the counter, the backsplash, etc. She apparently finally did get it out and with such a force that it was sprayed all over the entire kitchen, cupboards, floor, table and ceiling! She didn't come out of the bedroom all day and I had sauce stains on the ceiling until we moved out!

Oh, I can so relate to these stories. My Kirra is the worst - will steal anything that's not nailed down - and I know this, so why do I turn my back on her?? One day it was my sandwiches that I had made to take to work for lunch. Another day it was half a tub of butter.

Fergus is my fruit eater. He started with the apricots, then plums, then Golden Delicious apples. Coming into erly winter I still have a few Granny Smith apples on my tree that I like to leave to tree-ripen. He brings one or two in some days, and while I don't mind him eating them, I actually want the apples now, so I trade him a carrot for an apple. Seems to work for him.

But this week, they have both been stealing and eating soap from my shower. Someone ate half a bar the other night - Fergus certainly had some of it, since he had soap breath, but it was Kirra I caught eating another half a bar of soap last night - and she wasn't about to spit it out.

BTW, I do feed my dogs!