BC Boards

Dog Friendly birthday cake recipe?

Guest SweetJordan

I have one for pupcakes and bark cheesecake. Can't find the birthday cake recipe I've used before(half the time I just buy one from a local barkery). Let me know which recipe if any you would like.

Does anyone have a dog friendly birthday cake recipe? Taj turns 1 tomorrow and he needs a cake to go with the bag of toys we bought him:) Plus it will provide no end of amusement to the humans in the house;)

A regular carrot cake (minus the raisins) works well - then you get to share!

A regular carrot cake (minus the raisins) works well - then you get to share!

Yep, this is the ticket. Here is a picture of Zak's first birthday (carrot) cake.

058.jpg

And him excitedly waiting for it :rolleyes:

039.jpg

Ryan

Great cakes! Would you believe it never crossed my mind to make a cake that the humans could eat, I was only thinking of the dogs :rolleyes:

I ended up making a carrot and peanut butter and honey one (although it didn't rise so is more like a slice than a cake!), which they are going to have shortly, so I will post pics later:)

Do you have one that's "dog friendly and people friendly" My Mom is turning 83 and Usher is turning 2 in one day apart- "MOM" doesn't want a b-day- Usher does!" LOL. I have purchased cookies from Petco, they were actually from Albertsons and just low in sugar and salt- tasted ok by me :rolleyes: Thought we could combine 2 b-day parties together- any ideas? Old vs young? And she DOES love the dog!!!