BC Boards

Vancouver Area Beaches - Dogs Allowed??

We will be starting our trek up to the Great White North next weekend. We will be spending the bulk of time along the Canadian Rockies, but are still hoping to get over Vancouver way.

Are most of the beaches in the area private? Are dogs allowed? I love the photos you folks take of your pups on the beach and I'm hoping to let Allie have a little sand run, if possible.

Thanks!

Yes! Jericho beach, where I took the photos last night in my blog (see signature) is dog friendly in the right spots.

There is a teeny tiny dog beach downtown, don't recommend it.

Ambleside Beach just across the Lions Gate Bridge is dog friendly.

There are some excellent dog parks farther out of the city in White Rock and Surrey etc.

Feel free to drop in for a visit. We'll take you to the beach!!

RDM

Thanks, RDM! I appreciate the info and will PM you. We definitely will look you up.

We are very excited for this trip and I really hope we make it that far. Somehow two weeks just doesn't seem long enough, now we're looking at it. My spouse is a museum junkie (as, I admit, am I) and we have a lot to try to squeeze in. :rolleyes: We're starting in Yellowstone (which we've seen a lot) and working our way up through Glacier (been there a couple of times), Waterton (once), and then on to Jasper, Banff, Elk, Lake Louise, etc. (which we've never seen).

So far, Allie isn't wild about water, but we're hoping we can convince her that its FUN!!! My son is also anxious to see the ocean again.

Regards,

Spanish Banks is fabulous, and it's off leash in the mornings and evenings. It's especially fun when the tide is way out - the dogs can run for miles.

Warning though - my Bear was chased by a seal while he was swimming. I think the seal had a pup nearby or something, and poor Bear was just going for his little swim.

Anyway, it's a fabulous beach, killer seals notwithstanding!

w_c_r_sm.jpg