BC Boards

Doggy Ramp for truck

Anybody have any experience with a ramp you can buy? Shonie can't jump into the back of the truck anymore. I can't lift her each time we go some place, my ribs are still not totally healed from the motorcycle adventure I had in May.

I know it's possible to go homemade, but I don't have time and Dear Hubby, as wonderful as he is, isn't to be trusted around power tools.

I've looked at the ones at places like Omaha Vet, etc. Anyone care to comment?

Ruth n the BC3

I have one from DogRamp.com. It is heavy, but extends much farther than the one shown on e-Bay. It ramps up to my Ford Ranger bed quite nicely. It slides together, so "stored" it is half the actual/extended length. I stored it in a garage for awhile (after the big mixed breed was gone and before my other one started needing it), and it warped slightly, just making the slide apart and together move a bit harder.

But it is wonderful and I'd highly recommend it or one similar. If nothing else, it prevents the beasts from jumping onto a bare tailgate and slipping!

diane

Most of the dog supply catalogs - Fosters & Smith, J & J Pet Supply, etc. - have ramps of varying styles and prices. My vet has one of the older metal models which she got so her old bc's could get in her van and she has used it for several of her dogs through the years.