BC Boards

What are your BC's favorite toys?

:eek: Does anyone know where I can find toys without STUFFING!?

Every toy has officially been destuffed, we are talking about 30-40 toys. (I heard that BC's need lots of toys) What are some of your BC's favoritve toys? We have kongs, frisbees, balls and this wiggly giggly. Kits favorite, destuffing toys...I guess I should train her to put the stuffing in the garbage when she is done!

Quinn gets stuffed toys when I play with him because he guts them instantly too. I have a bunch of soft toys put up in the hopes some day he won't be such an aggressive chewer. As it is, about the only toys he can have free access to are good sized Nylabones. I've tried all kinds of "virtually indestructible" toys. Some were shredded within an hour; a couple lasted a day or two. Even the Kongs aren't holding up for very long with him. Oh, I do have a Jolly Ball made of very hard plastic that has holes in in, with another ball inside. He loves that toy, lies on his back holding the ball with his paws in the holes, chews on it, tosses it and romps around. It's still in one piece after a couple of months but I know it's just a matter of time before he cracks it. I need to get another one for stand-by.

My dogs favorite toy is my Xterra. He loves going for rides.

His favorite actual toy is his frisbee. Followed by a squeeky ball. Then a Tennis ball. Then a round rawhide I can throw.

My dog outright destroys his toys. He'll detangle a rag bone in no time. Luckily the only thing he destroys are his toys and nothing else.

Dazzle's favorite toys (with no stuffing)

Frisbees (rubber)

all rope toys (she loves to tug)

Balls (of all kinds - tennis balls get de-fuzzed though :rolleyes: )

Fleece toys (more tugging stuff)

"Bad Cuz" toy

"Boingo Ball" VERY fun! :D

Kongs

Bones

Dumbells

thse are her major favorites but really, Dazzle loves ALL toys! :D

the other thing, get cheep stuffed ones and pick up the pieces later!

Originally posted by Snorri the Priest:

My two barbarians like things that squeak - it probably reminds them of sticking swords through monks! :rolleyes:

You're so funny! :D My dogs all love the squeakies too which when I think about it sound a lot like a baby bunny in distress. I just can't leave squeakies out around Quinn. I'm afraid he'll swallow something he shouldn't and start squeaking himself.

Tennis balls - if there is one tennis ball, she'd ignore ANYTHING else around her. She only gets to play with it when she's working.

She's starting to like other balls but still picky. The ball has to be certain in size, texture, bounciness and weight...

She also likes handmade toys. cat toy (ball with bells inside) stuffed inside old socks. Have to be old and better if they are dirty.

She also likes just a string with a sock tied at the end. And one of the big fuzzy gloves you use to wash your car. Water pistols too. She's low-maintenance. If I get her an expensive store-bought toy, she wouldn't even pick it up.

Cody's fav toy is the dirtiest tennisball he can find-one he's buried and dug up is the top choice and he can have 10 of them in a row and pick out that one. We always have several tenisballs and once they pop with a slitin them, they are ogne so he doesnt chew any parts of it off. His next fav is his kong-stuffed, of course with peanut butter...he romps with that or his biscuit ball also by kong, for hours. He loves stuffed toys but i get tired of re-sewing them together for him to rip apart in minutes....LOL I think I have sewn his milkbone stuffed bon-ie 3 times now cuz he loves it so much and I cant find a duplicate now that Xmas is over...

Allie loves anything that squeaks, rattles, crinkles, rolls, lights up, vibrates, (well, you get the picture. :rolleyes: )

Toys of the non-stuffed variety that she likes best are rubber frisbees, any kind of ball (a small size soccer ball is one of her very favorites and she is a pretty wicked soccer player.) Toy stores usually have quite a good selection of durable balls at a reasonable price.

She loves stuffed toys also, but I feel your pain -- her record for destuffing a toy was about 4 1/2 minutes with a stuffed cow. The longest lasting stuffed toy she has is a stuffed sheep we got at PetSmart and it has lasted 7 mos and still squeaks, believe it or not.

RABBITS!! Yea the real ones :rolleyes: I now have three rabbit skins that I bought just so I can make a fur tuggie and a few small stuffies.

Maggie also has this stuffed fish that she loves - it makes bubble sounds when she chomps on it.

Her kong is only a hit if it is filled. lol

She's one of the few BCs who thinks that frisbees and balls are boring and will only tug on occasion.

dals favorite toy is paper to rip and empty plastic jugs he's a cheap date.lol

the 20 min 8.00 fish that jewel unstuffed is still around I restuffed it and sewed it with much stronger thread. He plays with that alot.

He likes frisbees and I just bought an Air Kong stick at big lots that he seems to like. I had to hide that though as jewel had designs on removing the tennis covering.

The cat! :rolleyes: Besides that, anything that can be shredded, chewed or otherwise torn up. Anything with a rope attached MUST have the rope removed as quickly as possible. If it has a squeeker it also has to come out ASAP. Allowing anything furry or fluffy to remain in one piece is intolerable. He loves anything that he can shake around or toss into the air by himself, and he works himself into quite a frenzy. I've also discovered that the only toys that seem to be able to withstand this boy's chewing are Kongs, even though we had toys that withstood our 2 previous great danes. Right now, we've got the black rubber King Kong, the biggest size of the dental kong, I just bought a large size Kong ball today (because all other balls get squeezed and fall apart rather fast - except when I quickly make him "give" the tennis balls we use with the flyball box. I also recently bought a kong with a throwing rope attached, which gets put away when he's not playing fetch to preserve the rope. He's got a nylabone which he is slowly wearing down, and we give the dogs the really large smoked bones to chew. One other thing that he loves, and which satisfies his need to shred things (and at no cost to me), are cardboard boxes and rolls. If I forget to give a box to him and I'm about to break it down for recycling he's not long reminding me. And, he follows me into the bathroom all the time and if there's only a tiny bit of paper left on the roll it just drives him nuts. He'll repeatedly bunt the roll with his nose just dying to get at the cardboard. BUT, destructive as I'm making him sound, he is actually an absolute angel! He never touches anything that doesn't belong to him. Our daughter can leave toys around, there can be food on the table etc. and he doesn't touch anything. Once or twice as a pup I had to tell him no about something he was about to chew and that was it. He's such a good boy.

The cat, she hasn't gutted her yet.

The cats boa toys, one by one they succumb to slime

The cats poop, argh...

Rolls of papertowels

My lingerie

Hubby's underwear

The cats gift of dead moles

Empty plastic water bottles

Plastic planters

All her stuffed toys, she doesn't tear them up yet.

All inexpensive balls, expensive treat balls bore her.

Her frisbees

Her new tug toy on a stick.

Just before I got Jackson, I opened a new checking account and they were giving away stuffed Border Collie toys. Okay, so what if that's why I opened it! When we brought Jackson home the toy was bigger than him! But I gave it to him and told him it was his big brother! Well, he played with it and didn't tear it up for a while. By the time he was just a bit bigger than the toy, it started to get tore up. Well, one morning, my nephew, who was living with me, got up and was looking out the window with his cup of coffee. He sees this black/white fur thing just laying out in the yard. He starts panicking. Wondering how to tell me my beloved puppy is laying out in the yard, obviously dead as a door nail! Then Jackson comes up behind him and grabs his pant leg! My nephew jumps and spills coffee all over him and the window. Jackson yelps and takes off for my room. I wander out asking what the sam hill is going on. My nephew told me to NEVER get another stuffed toy that looks remotely like Jackson again! LOL

The original computer in this house (an old beige Mac G3) has its alerts set to "chu-toy", so every time there's s sytem message, it squeaks like the previously-mentioned sword-impaled monk, and Kali and Snorri go berserk at it.

I got them a "Chuckit" for Christmas, but the weather has not been good for testing it yet. We call this ball-launch toy "the Dogapult"

Snorri

:rolleyes:

Snorri, I went to your web site, Very impressive. I really enjoyed the music. What a beautiful you and Kali live in! My 10 year old son made a catapult last year for a science project....no we did not launch any cats! Hmmm great idea, we can lauch tennis balls! Kit will be amused...it will keep both the boys and furry people busy!

Kari

Big balls with holes in them (I'm sure you know why there are holes in them :rolleyes: ) are The Greatest Thing Ever! In Kessie's opinion at least.

They can be chewed. They can be tortured. They say pffffft and die. Pure bliss!

As for stuffed toys, she kills them with a vengeance - unless they smell like me :eek: ! So when I gave her a teddy bear, I stuffed it into my sleeping bag for one night, just to be on the safe side (it was one of my old toys anyway), and it's still alive! So is my old stuffed sheep that she "inherited", and loves. Its tail is well chewed, but that wasn't Kessie :D

Hi Kit, hi everyone

Jesse's favorite toy outside is no doubt a braided rope with a knot at both ends. He love a great game of tug-o-war.

Inside it's, what looks like, a big stuffed cheeseburger with mustard and relish. It's funny watching him carry it around, and yes it squeaks.

Jesse used to rip the stuffing out of every toy so I gave him things to rip apart if he started to tear apart his toy. I would than play games with him with the toy until he started ripping it apart again. Spare socks are great for this, paper bags, cardboard, etc. He now knows the difference between inside toys, outside toys and ripping stuff and the 3 never get mixed up.

But by far, his favorite toy is anything that gets into a great game of 'tug-o-war'.

Cheers,

Yogie

Tenaya's Favorite toys are fron Fat Cat--the Ring toss toy, part frisbee, part tug-toy, part chew-toy hurl-a-squirrel (her official reward when she finds someone in SAR training), and the Fat Cat Skunk Crackler Skunk

They are stuffed toys, the skunk with a squeeker and something inside that makes a cracking sound. She doesn't get to have it very long unsupervised, but it's extremely durable with a very heavy canvas outer covering.

Deanna in OR

maggie destroys stuffed things too

Buddy Glow Ball

Big rubber ball with feet that makes a funny giglle noise when she chomps it

slightly deflated basket ball so she can sort of drag it around:)-we call this game Big Mean Dog-she understands and runs to get the b-ball!

ropes-but not alone as she will eat them

empty plastic pop bottles

Rubber hose from a cloth frizbee-Sneaky Snake