BC Boards

Cheza is getting spayed tomorrow

Everyone wish her good luck. I'm really nervous about it even though I'm sure she will be fine. We are dropping her off at 8am and will pick her up before the office closes that night.

I'm more worried about the keeping her still part. She is a crazy border collie and she is used to being really well exercised.

I'm more worried about the keeping her still part. She is a crazy border collie and she is used to being really well exercised.

When shelby got spayed she went to the park the 2 days after. and the day after she was doing a little running around outside.

of course this as very controlled by me and when ever it got to rough i mad eher stop and take a break. the week is more of a guide line, each dog is different and it also depends on how well of a job the vet did. .

I say IMO if it looks like she is doing well, let her have some controlled exercise.

and to keep her from biting at the stitches. I had Shelby wearing my ex-BF's old boxers. with her tail through the little hole. and just rubber banded the part on her back so she couldn't get to them.

worked very well.. and I took all kinds of embarrassing photos....

a small tee shirt would also work

good luck. I'm sure she will be fine

I know she'll be fine. Vets do this everyday. Day in day out. But she'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. I hope she has a fast recovery. Let me know how she does.

Cheza is home and doing good! Too good actually, she really wants to play. They used disolvable sutures inside and then glue on the outside so she doesn't need to go back to have anything removed.

I'm just glad I didn't leave her overnight. The vet normally keeps dogs after a spay, but I argued it since no one is at the vet clinic. She was her normal crazy self last night. I'm glad she didn't wake up in a cage by herself.

All is well !!!

I'm happy for you!

our vet always says ..animals only feel the moment ..they don't think about the past pain and they don't worry about the future healing process . It makes it so much easier for them than for us. We worry ,they don't.

That's good. I'm glad she came out so good. She's a lucky little pup to have those fancy disolvable sutures :rolleyes: I'm sure she was happy to be back home that night too. When ever my vets want to keep one of my dogs over night I always fight it too. I figure it's better for them to be at home with me than at the vets office with no one there. But that's just me though.