BC Boards

My Spirit is being chipped away, bit by bit

I feel like I am losing my spirit little at a time this year. We lost another precious little friend yesterday. My sweet little Parakeet & song maker, Peppy, died yesterday afternoon. He is sooo tiny and so beautiful and soft. We will miss his sweet music and his "donald duck rantings"!

This has been a sad year for our family critters. My little old Beagle grand-dog died in May, my bunny Thumper was very sick for almost 2 months, I wasn't sure he would make it, but thank God he did, then of course our precious girl Mirra died last month, now our Peppy!

ENOUGH! I feel almost sick to my stomach. Granted all our babies who crossed the rainbow bridge were "older", but it dosen't lessen the pain of their passing.

I hate this feeling....it makes me start feeling paranoid, like... who's next???

Arrrrrrgh!!!!!! :mad:

Anyway, sorry to rant, but I know ya'll understand.

Joe Anne --

I'm so sorry for your losses. I understand how much you love your critter friends and how hard it must be to lose one.

I grew up in a household with no pets of any kind. So I never had to deal with the loss of a pet. But I also totally missed out on the joy and fun of having them around. So that's the trade-off. Having all the positives of companion animals means having to deal with their demise. As unfair as it may seem, that's just the way things are.

Back 25 years ago when our kids were growing up, we had two parakeets. My wife bought them for the kids, without asking me about it. I ended up taking care of those birds for a ten year period. I was glad to have them around, as they were cheerful little souls. Over time I grew very fond of them. So I understand well how much a parakeet can mean to you.

I hope you find comfort in the happy memories of your departed friends, even though you miss them very much. Try to find happiness in the fact that you gave them a good life and shared abundant good times together.

Bailey says "Hello" to you. He is a good dog and is doing well. The training you gave us has been very helpful.

Hector

Joe Anne - I'm sorry to hear about Peppy. As a child (back in the Stone Age), my grandmother who raised me always had parakeets and I remember how much she treasured them. They have such a sweet song.

There are years that test our spirit. In 1993, I lost 4 sr cats in 7 months to cancer and kidney failure. All you can do is treasure the time you have with each pet. The joy they give is worth the price you ultimately pay in sorrow. 'm sure your remaining pets are doing their best to comfort you. And you have us. I don't think there is anyone on the board who doesn't empathize with you regardless of the species of the pet lost.

Originally posted by Hector:

Having all the positives of companion animals means having to deal with their demise. As unfair as it may seem, that's just the way things are.

Hector

Originally posted by bc friend:

The joy they give is worth the price you ultimately pay in sorrow. 'm sure your remaining pets are doing their best to comfort you. And you have us. I don't think there is anyone on the board who doesn't empathize with you regardless of the species of the pet lost.

I think that summs it up nicely. Im so sorry about your loss. It isnt easy thats for sure. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

So that's the trade-off. Having all the positives of companion animals means having to deal with their demise.
That's so very true :rolleyes: . And if they did have longer lives, we might end up leaving them behind, leaving them alone, which would be worse.

Still, it doesn't seem fair to lose so many in such a short time...

Do hang on to that spirit though, we could use a lot more of its kind in this world!

((( HUGS )))

My prayers are out to you. I know how it feels to have it all happen at once. It seems like it will never end, or that all of them will be gone. But I guess everyone has to remember that they're waiting for us over there, and when our time comes we'll get to meet them again. Nothing will be better then seening all your best frineds again later on. Stay strong and remember, you have us too. :rolleyes:

Thank you all sooooo much. I know I/we all have this board and the animal loving souls to share our joys and saddness with.

As much as it hurts, it ALWAYS, helps hearing from my friends.

Bless you all for your kind words... and it surly is all my furry/feathered and shelled critters still hear on this earthly plain, that keeps me going... for sure!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL! and thanks again.