BC Boards

Dazzle's Tricks

OK, so Dazzle (finally) has a new trick video up. It includes most of her tricks, but not quite all (just because I couldn't squeeze any more in there). I had promised to post when I finished it, so here it is. Enjoy!

Any suggestions you have for more tricks would be greatly appreciated. I am quickly running out of ideas! :rolleyes:

We are working on Handstands right now but I don't really have much else in mind for after that...

201351_1211528922.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Dazzle!! River just learned weaving 8s around my legs this week. And almost has perfected the walking weave. All forward direction so far of course :rolleyes:

I'd just go through youtube videos of tricks to see what else is out there. There was that dog on that pet tricks show that could walk the rim of a barrel in a squat position :D

Is there anything Dazzle couldn't learn! You two are amazing. I especially like her enthusiastically putting her toys away. Daisy does make one small comment -- "You consider lifting your leg to pee a trick? I pee like a boy all the time!"

There was that dog on that pet tricks show that could walk the rim of a barrel in a squat position :D

Now THAT could be interesting....hmmmm....

"You consider lifting your leg to pee a trick? I pee like a boy all the time!"

:D It was a tough thing to teach Daz! For the longest time she couldn't balance like that because she has never practiced that behavior before! :D Now we are working on being able to send to a spot and leg-lift. So if someone I don't like is around I will just have to point at them and whisper "Dazzle, go mark it!" :D

I have way too much time on my hands. :rolleyes:

Awesome!! I loved it!!

Does Dazzle walk sideways? I really want to teach Dean to get in heel and then, on cue, walk out sideways away from me (as I stand still) about 5 - 6 steps. On both sides, of course!

What about doing front leg kicks one after the other? Rockette-fashion.

How about backing out away from you, doing a backwards turn, and then backing to you.

You could have Dazzle spin in front of you, about 2 feet out, back through your legs, do a spin behind you, about 2 feet out, and then back through to front.

She did the backwards circle around you. You could have her circle backwards around that ladder and then back around you in a figure 8.

She really is a fantastic dog and you've done an amazing job training her!

Kat, this was fantastic! Dazzle and you are amazing! Her repertoire of tricks is above impressive, is astonishing! I love the suitecase trick, it's so sweet. The most practical however is the picking up of toys, haven't been able to get mine to do that - I tried a couple of times, it was working, then I didn't practice anymore - my fault, not his.

You should SO do movies!

She has a great array of tricks! Wonderful video!

Another thing you could do, since it looks like you're getting into some freestyle disc, is teach her back and chest vaults.

My friend taught her BC to "dance" by shuffling his front paws. That was pretty cute.

ETA: Another cool thing I've seen is a dog picking up both legs on one side of its body and hopping along.

No wonder her name is Dazzle - it suits her to a T!

I taught Buzz to leap almost straight up from a down position and go right into a sit. It was pretty cute, but I don't have him do it any more, at almost 10 yrs old. I think it would be too hard on an older dog's knees and hips. The cue was "Do a Push Up."

Have you tried teaching her to distinguish shapes? Square, circle, etc?

Way to go, both of you. And I love the other suggestions - thanks for those, everyone.

Ruth n the BC3

Wow....Dazzle is pretty amazing. And you're an excellent trainer. I don't know how "cool" it'd be in a video, but you could possibly teach her to toy match....get two toys of each type and show her one, ask her to get the matching one. I had a friend whose doberman could do that and it was neat to watch.

Anyway, cool vid!!

Wow....Dazzle is pretty amazing. And you're an excellent trainer. I don't know how "cool" it'd be in a video, but you could possibly teach her to toy match....get two toys of each type and show her one, ask her to get the matching one. I had a friend whose doberman could do that and it was neat to watch.

Anyway, cool vid!!

Or, you could teach her to distinguish between two different types of toys and then put about 5 of each in a mess on the ground. Then she could put all of one type in one basket and all of the other type in another basket. That would look good on video!

She is incredible! Wow! I love the spread 'em trick, that one made me lol!

One trick i have been trying with Ido, is getting her to come between my legs from behind, and place her front feet on my toes, then walk with me. Its fun and looks cool!

Another on we are working on is getting her to stand in a bowl.

WOOW! This is so grrrrrrand-tastic! You should have included this video too in that What Brain Games do you play with your Border Collie too post (a few weeks ago).

My favorite tricks I saw on the video was the towel rolling trick and the suitcase trick! Very creative! :D:rolleyes::D

I already replied, but I was thinking again how impressed I was with all this. There's something incredibly inspiring about watching someone do something they love - FOR love - and do it with such amazing success and precision, especially at such a young age. You're a really talented person, Kat - and I do hope you'll be able to mold your life around the things you love and have passion for.

Mary

Sorry I wasn't able to reply today to your comments - we were at an Agility trial!

Excellent ideas guys!! Dazzle thanks you for that!! We have a lot to work on now! A couple we have already started but some of those I hadn't thought of.

Have you thought about dog training as a profession?

Profession? Not really (I'm planning on veterinary medicine right now. :D) Hobby, definitely. This summer I am going to teach a class on trick and clicker training. :D

since it looks like you're getting into some freestyle disc, is teach her back and chest vaults.

I had started a back stall, but quickly decided to put that on hold until I get a vest of some kind. OUCH! :rolleyes: We do plan on doing more freestyle disc as soon as my knee heals up.

That was amazing!! Great work. Both of you. I'm more amazed everytime I watch it.

Here's Black Jack's best trick. It's not quite as good as all of those Dazzle does though :rolleyes:

Watch this!! :D

Kat, she's incredible. So are you! So are you confident now you'd be able to shape any behavior within her physical limits?

I can't get over the suitcase trick! :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. I have never posted a video link before. Try this one