BC Boards

Rough weekend

When Meg groggily woke up this morning and we let her out to pee, she went instead around the house to the Explorer and sat there looking at the SUV door. She's never done that before.

I imagine if she could form thought sentences they would go something like this:

"I've gotta get out of here. I just can't take another day of this, I need a vacation. Those hideous monsters making horrifying whirring noises in the house coming to get me, haaaachoo, dust all over. And that smell in the garage like concentrated pine trees, yuck. And outside...bears in the forest buzzing and cutting through the trees (I think they were bears) and that dumb old blind ROTTWEILER howling in the distance, coming to kill me, never getting here, teasing me. And every time I try to play and forget about it all....no easy task I add...the little sticky things on the ground from those evil cottonwoods glues my fur together and I can't walk. I try to act non-chalant, even tried to drag myself up the slope to hide, but noooo 'Mother' (who I shall now refer to as 'she' or 'her') starts crying cause 'she' thinks I've broken my leg (twice, ditzy mommy) and embarasses me by sitting me on her lap like a baby and snipping my fur no matter how much I struggle and act angry. Shudder, I'm looking a like mangy railroad mutt. Why oh why can't they just keep playing? especially that close catch thing where I go into a trance. 'She' is holding back...I know it. Too young, my paw!

I'm pretty happy with Dad however. He taught "her" how to play with the hose with me and I thought that was FANTASTIC until 'she' got all weird about me trying to bring the hose into the house and wouldn't play with me for at least an hour. After that what did 'she' expect, I was going to sit there and take it? Who cares about the silly deck and planters. Dirt is sooo much more...northwest..natural, you know. But every single time I go outside I have to run through the shake down squad in order to come back in. Sit, no, Sit, no, Paw, no, Paw, no. Rub rub rub rub rub rub rub. I'm getting chapped pads man. And the threats....a BATH...AGAIN!!!

Then to add insult to injury after all this...'she' :rolleyes: kept moving me around on the bed, grumbling something about this being a human bed and me being a guest. A guest!. I just have to go to see the gang and spend a good day herding the labs and retreivers. Even if I have to grovel in front of those little lapdogs....shudder, how they scare me.

Sometimes being a dog isn't what its cracked up to be.

LOL Sounds like more than one of us have had a rough weekend. And man... Zeeke does enough talking as it is, I shudder to think what obscenities would come out of his mouth were he to speak in human. No, I'm happier just making it up for him.

They might tell us what they think of our double standards! The one that must confuse them a great deal is the toilet thing:

They have to go out in the cold when they need to "do business". We humans have a special room constructed in the house for that purpose!

Snorri

:rolleyes: