BC Boards

Welcome to our new Expert!

I'd like to thank Bev Lambert for serving faithfully as the forum expert lo these many months--I'm sure all of us will agree that it's been a treat to have her, and we've been lucky that she's been so willing to share her good advice. But it's now time for another changing of the guard, and Vergil Holland (noted author of the well-regarded training book HERDING DOGS: PROGRESSIVE TRAINING and frequent contributor to THE WORKING BORDER COLLIE MAGAZINE with training articles) has graciously agreed to serve as our resident expert. Welcome, Vergil!

Bye Bev, and thanks! Ive enjoyed reading your advise and contributions, wish I could have bothered you more, but, ahem, cough, cough, my dogs, cough, are , cough , cough, perfet.

Welcome Virgil. I look forward to reading all your advise.

Now come on guys, lets give Virgil some thing to talk about! I dont think we kept Bev busy enough.

Bev and was terrific and I am looking forward to hearing from Vergil.

I am very grateful for all the experts who have taken time and effort to help out with training questions. Thank you!

Thanks Bev. We have Vergil's book and love it. I'd like to know how to get my Sammy to stop or sit on command around sheep? He is great on leash but add sheep and it is hard. We are newbies and use a trainer but we would like to take over the reins at some point. We have Aussies. Thanks. N

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to thank Bev Lambert for serving faithfully as the forum expert lo these many months--I'm sure all of us will agree that it's been a treat to have her, and we've been lucky that she's been so willing to share her good advice. But it's now time for another changing of the guard, and Vergil Holland (noted author of the well-regarded training book HERDING DOGS: PROGRESSIVE TRAINING and frequent contributor to THE WORKING BORDER COLLIE MAGAZINE with training articles) has graciously agreed to serve as our resident expert. Welcome, Vergil!

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to working with you all!