BC Boards

Green tripe

Lewie'sMom

I just ordered some from Prey 4 Pets. It's the first time that I've ever orded anything from them, so I don't know, yet, if I'd recommend them, though they have been very responsive and prompt. My order is supposed to come in tomorrow.

As Dinah said, you can also buy canned green tripe. My local pet store that sells higher quality foods, etc., used to carry canned green tripe, but they stopped for some reason. You can order the canned stuff online, too. I just wanted to try some fresh, raw tripe (and a few other things that I can't find easily around here).

Ick, just ick. Ever since I got that concussion just minutes prior to breaking open some ground organ/muscle meat (and about puked), I can't get over the smells of this stuff. This morning, another sense- my eyes were treated to another "yummy" sight- I was opening a can of canned cat food for the cats- sardines- and there was a beady little sardine eye staring at me. EEEYUCK.

I just found www.greentripe.com, I've never ordered it. I would be more inclined to try and find fresh instead of canned.

Hope you find something!

They are a Northern California based company and that's the only place they are so I'm not sure how much shipping would be to keep the stuff frozen. With that said, I really like their organ blend, a lot! Not to mention Chesney loves the gullets and tracheas. If you take an adventurous gander with them and order some, their product is good :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I just found www.greentripe.com, I've never ordered it. I would be more inclined to try and find fresh instead of canned.

Hope you find something!

Greentripe.com is in central coastal California and will ship anywhere but the cost of shipping will take all the fun out of feeding raw green tripe. Prey4Pets in Kentucky has lovely tripe--whole sheets of the stuff while greentripe.com only offers coarsely ground tripe and tripe blends. Both companies have reputations for producing high quality product.

Canned tripe is cooked of course and as far as I have seen, is doctored up to meet the AAFCO requirements for "complete and balanced." This would not raw green tripe of course. Since green tripe is not a nutritional requirement, I'd say source out raw you can afford or don't bother.

And of course the bleached white stuff in grocery stores is not the tripe you're looking for.

HTH.

Chris