BC Boards

BC + H20 = ?

Do most people's Border Collies like water? When it comes to water Ceana is a puzzle! She sticks her head in the shower, but she just seems to tolerate baths... yet the other day she went up into the bathroom and cried for a bath. Once in the bath she had the same old hurry up this is annoying attitude. What is the "norm" for water?

Bathroom water is totaly different than "natural" water, at least for Ouzo.

He adores swimming, but hates the shower and barely tolerates baths (although he doesn't get many, I think the last one he got was in October or November, after he got very dirty at the dog park.)

Unless is toilet water, and that's somehow paletable to him :rolleyes: :eek:

Zeb likes to play in water, but when its not his idea (such as a bath), he's sure that the water will kill him. At least he acts like it will. :rolleyes:

Obviously, we're still working on getting him to tolerate bathing better.

Scampi has only been to the beach in summer and he was4 - 7 months then and always went neck high in the water, has never swum yet.

Up the country paths he is always desperate to jump into the brooks but I dont allow him too as I always get scared he will struggle or cant get out! as there is no way I could get to him if he did!

puddles?? muddy ones particularly.....he runs stright into them and lays down!

bathtime, he has only had a few in summer again to get the sand out but he also liked it... he is going to have a bth tomorrow probably as he has some sticky fur from somewhere today but it was too late to bath him tonight. will know if he likes baths tomorow lol

he is going to have a bth tomorrow probably as he has some sticky fur from somewhere today but it was too late to bath him tonight. will know if he likes baths tomorow lol [/QB]
You may already know this, but I'll post it just in case.

If he has tree sap on him, you can apply a bit of mineral oil or even peanut butter to the spot and rub it in. Then just wash it with a bit of extra shampoo and it should come out easily.

I knew about using oil...but not peanut butter

thanks for the tip, although.. after closer inspection when brishing him - I think the culprit is my son!! as i just found a sticky jelly sweet which they had after dinner!!!!

probably that Scampi tried stealing when I wasnt in the room lol!

Bath water is definitely different than any other water. Lakes, pools, puddles, rivers, the ocean, rain...those are all fun and fantastic!

Bailey, Ginger and Willow are not fans of getting baths either. Bailey and Ginger love every other form of water. I still can't convince Willow that swimming is fun though. She doesn't like to go in the water at all.