• snuggling with you
    • fetch
    • swimming
    • sleeping
    • eating
    • playing with other dogs
    • learning new things
    • going on walks

Well Black Jack likes playing ball as much as any BC, but he does love a good long walk. He loves seeing new things, smelling everything, and meeting some people too. So if it's a matter of what he likes the most, it would be walks :rolleyes:

I've got the freak bc that won't fetch. He has no interest whatsoever in balls, frisbees, etc. He likes to carry the kong and the tennis ball around, but if I throw it, he looks at me like, "Oh, I wasn't supposed to have that? Sorry". He likes playing with other dogs, snuggling, and walks though.

When I would throw his ball before Black Jack leaned how to play he would look at me like "why the he** did you do that? Now who is going to go get it?" :rolleyes:

Delta's favourite thing would definitely be agility but that wasnt an option. She gets so excited when we get near the oval and is absolutely beside herself when its her turn to have a run. I drove past the oval the other day to pick up my friend, she got excited as we round the corner, looked confused when we didnt stop, then whimpered the whole time it took to pick up my friend and drive back to the oval :D Until last week I had no idea she recognised the oval from the car but obviously she must.

I selected playing with other dogs, but it isnt strictly playing. She likes to join the group of fetching dogs, and chase them as they chase the ball. Then she will lie down 10m behind them and wait for them to chase the ball again :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Delta is broken too. She has no interest in fetching anything. It is making flyball training rather difficult. She is ready to be getting the ball, if only that didnt involve actually getting a ball.

Well, this is a Border Collie board, so I would have assumed that there would be a place to vote for stock work, but since there isnt, I'll just put it here. Mines favorite thing in the whole wide world, .....stock work. They live and breath for it. After that? A big cool tub of water, an atta boy girl, and then more stock work. Second to that?? Throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball!

I'm with Darci and Paula--I think not only should you have included it, but the *first choice* on your poll should have been working stock. This IS a BC board, and while there are certainly lots of folks on here who do lots of different things with their BCs, most of those are quite active things; I would have expected "snuggling with you" to be at the top of the list for a poll about Llhasas or Pappillons or whatever, and "sleeping" on a Lab list (no offense meant),

A

Just chiming in with WHERE'S THE WORKING CHOICE? anything else is just plain filler waiting for stockwork to my group!

OMT what's up with all the polls? You only have places for one dog. Very few of us on here have only one dog.

K~

I'm with the others that have more than one dog, so I picked the option that they both like to do the most together: fetching.

BUT- if I could separate them it would be:

Rockstar-definitely loves to snuggle best, then fetch, then learning new tricks (either frisbee tricks or just good old-fashioned dog tricks), and I think if she ever had the chance to work stock that would be high on the list, she has the drive and talent for it I'm sure!

Kipp-Fetching all day, every day

Pam: working sheep, cuddling (after working sheep and being stinky)

Libby: working sheep, working chickens, working ducks, dunking in a tub of water

Dixie: working sheep, working ducks, working chickens, working horses

Preacher: working sheep, lying in a puddle

Speck: working sheep, running amok

Tate: cuddling, working sheep

Mist: toys toys toys toys toys

I'd add sports to the list, too. Near the top. For those of us whose dogs don't work stock, sports would rank up near the top for many of our dogs.

I can't think of anything Speedy enjoys more than dancing, and Dean is getting close to him with that enthusiasm!

Daisy will position her self quite perfectly under foot whenever we are in the kitchen to catch anything that drops, she lays dead silent in the right corner of the dining room just incase someone spills something and comes running whenever you say "uh-oh", so i would say food is her fav. but then you have car rides, walks, park time, and playing keep away with laundry come in a close second!

I'm with Darci and Paula--I think not only should you have included it, but the *first choice* on your poll should have been working stock. This IS a BC board, and while there are certainly lots of folks on here who do lots of different things with their BCs, most of those are quite active things; I would have expected "snuggling with you" to be at the top of the list for a poll about Llhasas or Pappillons or whatever, and "sleeping" on a Lab list (no offense meant),

A

Oh, I'm sorry for not adding working stock. (I'm a fool.) It never occured to me because I never did working stop with my aussie yet. I appologize once more for letting you guys down...

I know polls are popular on other boards but I'd hate to see them become common here. I really dislike them as a way to share information on a topic. No real room to expand beyond the bare concrete facts - it's a bit like having a topic full of "Me too!" Boring. And I view this board in "View New Posts" mode so now here lately I see three or four of these things every day up near the top, bumping down interesting discussions like that of the guy who wants to breed his shy Border Collie.

But that might just be me.

I too see no choices that would work. Sleeping? Snuggling? I thought for a second I'd strayed over to my Chinese crested discussion forum . . . :rolleyes: Even my twelve year old lives to work, and then second are the sports he still loves - flyball and frisbee.

I know polls are popular on other boards but I'd hate to see them become common here. I really dislike them as a way to share information on a topic. No real room to expand beyond the bare concrete facts - it's a bit like having a topic full of "Me too!" Boring. And I view this board in "View New Posts" mode so now here lately I see three or four of these things every day up near the top, bumping down interesting discussions like that of the guy who wants to breed his shy Border Collie.

But that might just be me.

I too see no choices that would work. Sleeping? Snuggling? I thought for a second I'd strayed over to my Chinese crested discussion forum . . . :rolleyes: Even my twelve year old lives to work, and then second are the sports he still loves - flyball and frisbee.

No, it's not just you, Rebecca.

Now I know why so few of the experienced dog handlers come around the General forum anymore. :D