BC Boards

All BCs are fear aggressive?

Picturing Quynn an aggressive(fearfully aggressive or otherwise) dog is absolutely UNFATHOMABLE. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I'll second that...she's an idiot. Misty gets scared of the UPS truck or garbage truck when it comes down the road. She even is a little fearful of strangers, but I can take her anywhere outside the yard and she's literally fine. She likes people a heck more than other dogs...as some of you probably experience the same thing. lol She's just cautious. I don't know how the BC breed can be fear aggressive when it's in their blood to deal with livestock, much bigger than themselves. Maybe the poor thing is afraid of her owner!

• 5 weeks later...

Very late to this particular party, but I wanted to add something a little different to the affair:

Just recently worked with a dog at the Rescue whom was indeed very fearful of me. Downright petrified, if I must say so - I'm a big, loud, hairy, scary man, after all. So, what does this poor little girl do when confronted with my terrible presence? She curls up in a little ball at my feet and lets me handle her as I need to. Not a noise, nor a flinch, nor even one single lifted lip.

Now, I'm the first to say that's quite a horrifying thing to see in a dog, but at the same time, we've got a bona-fide fearful dog, not just a reactive one, and what does she do? She surrenders.

Fear aggressive, my shaggy beard!

I'm a big, loud, hairy, scary man

You got me shaking in my boots. :rolleyes: But the bc's would love to help you get rid of that big hairy beard....Mine are like cats, love to like hairy faces and it gets really rough....so instead of shaving, How bout some morning lickings from some lovable bc's.

K~

Do you think it can have to do with location also? I mean I have found some VERY prejudice people...professionals...in this area of wash state. I have found NO place that will let my 2 BC's in doggie day care, sight unseen. Also have to board my babies back where I got them, because I found 3 boarders who "dont take BC's...too much trouble, too unpredictable." I have 2 BC's and I got one from rescue who was a bit scared and aggressive around men only. Now her best friend is the neighbor man and I trust her much, much more than when I first got her. It took some time, but I think she finally forgot her past. But my other one bites with his tongue too.

My BC is the complete opposite of fearful or crazy.

A friend of mine has been a general practice vet for many years and she told me that one of the dogs she does watch out for fear snapping during physical examinations are BCS but she also said that the majority of these BCS are very nice dogs outside of the vets, just some of them can be quite sensitive at the vets.

A friends BC was just like this, a perfect gentleman towards all people and dogs and totally trustworthy untill he went to the vets and then a muzzle was required.

This perception in certain abnormal situations could cause some people to generalise or draw conclusions from a comment made by a vet.