BC Boards

Ridiculously large bladder

Tiga has always been like this but I was just wondering if he's the only one. Sometimes when he goes outside to pee, he'll pee for a couple of minutes without stopping. Sometimes it takes him so long that he switches which back leg is up. LOL! Other people have noticed it with him too when they watch him. I guess he just has a big bladder. Anyone else notice this with their dog or is he the only weirdo?

Our male Lab, Ozzie, can pee forever. He also has to shift. Our female BC, Alex, can hold it forever. She also likes to fake pee. She knows that once she goes potty I will throw the frisbee again. So if she doesn't have to go or doesn't want to she squats and fakes. We finally found her out during winter when there was no corresponding yellow spot in the snow.

There is only a slight variance in her tail position to distinguish it otherwise.

Sometimes it takes him so long that he switches which back leg is up.

Oh, ROFL! That's HILARIOUS. Never seen a dog do anything like that - though my sister's little Eskie female can squat and let out what seems to be a gallon.

My boy's a camel - he can hold it forever, and he drinks very little.

Mary

It really is hilarious. :rolleyes: I still laugh every time and he's been doing it pretty much his whole life. I keep meaning to time him to see what's the longest he can keep going. :D I'm glad to know he's not the only one. I thought he was just a freak of nature. :D

Ruger has to mark the rest of the dogs. On the weekends, I watch numb and nuts, my boys and my daughter-in-laws dogs. Ruger really gets a workout then. He has to mark everything. He has never done it inside though. Its kind of comical watching. Basically he breaks his session up to several times where just once would do.

Mine is the same way. Black Jack can hold it for a long, long time but doesn't drink all that much. When we go to the park it's an all out mark fest though :rolleyes:

Our girl Zoe is highly entertaining when she pees. She always lifts one of her legs slightly off the ground, nearly always swaps her lifted leg and sometimes will try to lift the second leg too early so she is (or at least appears to be) balancing on her front her legs only. With her huge bladder and good control this show can last quite a long time.

When I see subject lines like this, I am reminded of the movie "League of their own" where Tom Hanks had a scene where he REALLY had to go.... My dogs seem to be able to hold their water well. I think male dogs have a special ability to hold it, as they never know when they might need it...

Holly can hold hers for hours, she often doesn't bother even going outside when i take Zac out and if she does she doesn't always go. Zac on the other hand although doesn't always wee for long will go many many times. He loves going for a wee, funny boy :rolleyes: Yet at night he can hold it all night and then his first one goes on for ages. So i think he just does enough during the day and keeps some back so he can go again a while later.

Here's another pee question:

Is my dog the only one who can't wait to mark over someone else's pee, and will actually stick his face down in there WHILE THE OTHER DOG IS STILL PEEING to get the very first sniff he can get?

More than once (well, more than two dozen times!), he's gotten a few drops down his nose as a reward. And yes, he sleeps in bed with me.

Mary

The only dog Poke gets close to is Ceana, and he doesn't mark her spots. He is just checking to make sure she is doing it right! :rolleyes: Poke pees on his front paws if he isn't peeing on something verticle.... I hate it. he's had his feet washed more than once before he comes in.

Oh and here's another question... anyone elses dog (ehm my Poke) try and lift their leg to drop a duece? LOL Poke tried and almost fell over it was the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Oh yes many a time Sam has put his nose to the back of Libby while she is pottying. Then he promptly marks over the area. When she poops, he gets a tad perplexed and will sometimes pee close by or go off.

Tuck's thing was peeing in the extact same spots he had done before. If there where no prior spots, you would be out there till he found the perfect spot ( no matter how long it took). He did this from the time he was a bitty pup.

Libby ( GoldenX white lab) will potty anywhere. Seriously, next to her food, near her bed, in front of the running lawn mower, she seems to care less. She is fine inside but to me near her food and water is just plain weird.