BC Boards

O/T Cameras

I am just so flippin' excited... DH told me to pick out a digital SLR camera for a present for christmas. I went back and forth on the D80 and D70s, and finally chose the D70s. I ordered it just an hour ago. I'm so giddy!! Can you imagine what great Zoe pictures I'll be able to take with that? :D:rolleyes:

The main reason I went for the D70s was that it has a faster shutter speed and especially a faster speedlight sync speed (1/500 vs the D80's 1/200). I mulled it over and talked with some photography friends and decided that with the flash speed and the fact it's $300 cheaper I'd go for the D70s. But honestly, I don't know if I made the right decision. I'm totally paralized with anxiety right now. LOL

Kris I totally know what you mean. It's been on my list for years now... five I think... and money always goes out faster than it comes in. So it totally blew me away when DH told me he was getting me one. :D:rolleyes:

YAYYY!!! New cameras are always fun! I can't wait for pictures either!!

While on the subject of super cool new SLRs, anyone have the new EOS digital Rebel SLR? (the XTi) That is what I am looking at for an upgrade... I was curious about how well it photographs border collies. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear that, Melanie. I'm really bouncing back and forth with the D80. 10 megapixels is really enticing... but do I really want to pay $300 for it? The D70s looks like a really nice camera. I just hope it lasts me 5 years. LOL

Sorry Kat, I don't know anything about the Canons. I wanted a Digital Rebel, once upon a time. But when I played with both in a store... turns out I liked the feel of the Nikons better.

While on the subject of super cool new SLRs, anyone have the new EOS digital Rebel SLR? (the XTi) That is what I am looking at for an upgrade... I was curious about how well it photographs border collies.

I just bought a Rebel XTi as a second camera to my Canon 20d. I like the Rebel very much. It feels solid, focuses well, and I love the large LDC display.

I don't think it is quite as good at ISO 800 and above as my 20d, and the continuous frame rate is 3 frames per second, compared to 5 for the 20d, but it is lighter and easier to lug around. The image quality of any new DSLR imo, is more dependent on the lens than the camera..

Laceymegplay3.jpg

My friend is using the Canon Digital Rebel XTi and

I'm using the Canon Digital Rebel XT.

The 10mp for the XTI helps tons when you are shooting indoors for the dog sports where you really need to shoot in RAW, so that you can brighten them up.

Kat, most of the pictures that i have posted are taken either using the XTI or the XT.

My favorites so far take with the XTI are from here

http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/ultima...2617;p=1#000000

Hi all,

Here are some photos taken with the 400D.Actually the lens is more important than the camera body.

304708773_8cd7246e39_o.jpg

305729188_7ce3baecd4_o.jpg

305729190_bcdbf6b9fb_o.jpg

Originally posted by Kat's Dogs:

YAYYY!!! New cameras are always fun! I can't wait for pictures either!!

While on the subject of super cool new SLRs, anyone have the new EOS digital Rebel SLR? (the XTi) That is what I am looking at for an upgrade... I was curious about how well it photographs border collies. :rolleyes:

Eileen,

I don't have one, but I've used one a few times. I have a little Powershot S1 IS that I like, but the S3 is one of the coolest point and shoots I've had my hands on. It's surprisingly versatile and I really didn't notice anything *bad* about it.

Bleh. I'm not much help, sounding a lot like the ad! But yes, I liked it.

Grace

I have the Canon powershot S2 IS - great shots, but it doesn't like low light very much at all. In the sun (which we never have here) it is really nice.

I like it a lot for a small digital that can do all the basics of manual settings.

Originally posted by borderlicious:

I have a little Powershot S1 IS that I like, but the S3 is one of the coolest point and shoots I've had my hands on. It's surprisingly versatile and I really didn't notice anything *bad* about it.

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post.

I recently purchased the S3 IS (which is much like the S2 IS, which was a step up from the S1 IS before it.)

It is so much nicer than my previous didgital camera. And more convenient than my rarely used anymore SLR. A reasonable compromise IMO. And I use 12x optical zoom often -- how did I live without it? The "sport setting" is useful for BCs in motion. The video will be too once I figure it out.

th_IMG_0466r.jpg

:cool: