BC Boards

Sheep huggers.......got a new dog and my sheep(4) are doing their best to kill me. It is bad enough when I have my other dogs out so..................................................

1. Get rid of sheep, and replace them with others?

2. Break sheep into smaller lots. How small?

3 any other thoughts???????????????

Would appreciate your input..........thanks

bill mcdermott

If i understand your question you only have 4 sheep now so breaking them down into smaller groups probably won't work.

Yeah clearly the best solution is to sell the sorry things.

Sheep absolutely get like this if they are worked a lot. I'm pretty aggressive about not letting my get too close to me and they are still bad. The breed of sheep is a factor in how bad they get for this. I like a hair sheep or cheviots myself as they stay a bit fresher longer then fine wool breeds and dorset types.

There is no good way to work sheep like this. They are spoiled and will not work for your dog like most sheep he will see in competition. There are ways to lighten them up a bit. Take them to a new field and they will be a lot different but it might be easier to get new sheep then a new farm.

Beverly

If i understand your question you only have 4 sheep now so breaking them down into smaller groups probably won't work.

Yeah clearly the best solution is to sell the sorry things.

Sheep absolutely get like this if they are worked a lot. I'm pretty aggressive about not letting my get too close to me and they are still bad. The breed of sheep is a factor in how bad they get for this. I like a hair sheep or cheviots myself as they stay a bit fresher longer then fine wool breeds and dorset types.

There is no good way to work sheep like this. They are spoiled and will not work for your dog like most sheep he will see in competition. There are ways to lighten them up a bit. Take them to a new field and they will be a lot different but it might be easier to get new sheep then a new farm.

Beverly

thanks for the information....i thought that this would be the case....but needed affirmation.

bill