BC Boards

Old Boy still in great shape

35108774.jpg

This is my Boy Kali (Rognvaldr Kali Kolsson Orkneyjar Jarl), who will be 14 on 24 April this year. I think he is looking in pretty good shape for an oldie (although he will always be "my puppy dog"), and the vet seems to agree. I am hoping he will - at least - equal my first ever Border Collie, who reached 19 - and maybe even beat him?

Snorri :rolleyes:

P.S. edited to add a bit of sad news - his litter-sister "Spotty" has recently died of cancer

Glen.jpg

This is Glen, 18 when the photo was taken a few months before his death. He was my constant companion when I was a kid, a splendid dog to be around children - protective (fiercely!) and fun. He was no relation to my current pair, but I think of him as their "spiritual daddy" - had he not paved the way, they wouldn't be here.

Snorri

Hey Snorri - it's so very nice to see you here again. When I saw the topic heading and the OP name, I thought you were reporting on yourself :rolleyes: . Hope you're doing as well as Kali. He looks really good - still those beautiful, piercing blue eyes. And that is such a lovely photo of Glen - what a grand old gentleman he must have been. Best wishes from the other end of the world!

Happy upcoming birthday to Kali! He looks like he's ready for action, in spite of the grey. Obviously, you have a "green thumb" when it comes to dogs - wow! 19!! Sorry to hear about his sister - maybe she took it all for the family....'

I'm feeling great that my 12 yr old is still kicking bu** in agility. Congrats to you and yours!

diane

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! He looks great- and your Glen- that is a photo that should be painted. Gorgeous.

Funny you should say that, Kelpiegirl - I do have a portrait of Glen, painted from that photo! It hangs over my bed so that he looks down at me every night. He looked after me when I was a kid, I'd like to think he's still doing it, all these years later.

Snorri

Wow, that's a beautiful looking dog. I love his blue eyes. Here's to many many more good years!