BC Boards

Popcorn feet

Okay, so I did a search on this and didn't find anything without crossing my eyes or looking for my reading glasses.... :rolleyes:

Do your dog's feet smell like popcorn? I remember reading a thread on this about 10 or so years ago when I had my first bc and sure enough, her feet did smell like popcorn. And now I have discovered that Skye's do as well -- that is, when she's not been stepping in mud or anything worse...

Go ahead, try it! And if you have a dog that isn't bc, I would be interested in knowing if their feet smelled of popcorn too...

Ailsa

Popcorn is probably a good description. I dont know what a frito is so I cant comment on that one.

You don't know what a frito is???

Are you from MARS?! :rolleyes: Has the evil multinational chip-making conglomerate not reached your enclave?

Don't be going looking for them though: you cannot have just one...but I still smell popcorn :D

Ailsa

How odd to have one's sanity affirmed by a post about dogs' feet smelling like popcorn.

:rolleyes:

I noticed this with Girlfriend years ago -- though Little'un the GSD/rottie mix also has popcorn peds. It'll be a while before I can confirm with Belle... My sinuses are packed after surgery and I can't smell anything at all right now.

Yummy dogs at my house have always been described as "feet and Fritos"...to describe their bouquet.

Sollers was a hound-y stinky pup til we switched his food to Canidae...and thanks to everyone who suggested that...it is nice to be able to snuggle him w/o a clothespin on my nose!

We were just discussing in the car this evening how Kip came with the feet-and-Fritos smell built right in.... :rolleyes:

How odd to have one's sanity affirmed by a post about dogs' feet smelling like popcorn.

:D

I noticed this with Girlfriend years ago -- though Little'un the GSD/rottie mix also has popcorn peds. It'll be a while before I can confirm with Belle... My sinuses are packed after surgery and I can't smell anything at all right now.

I have a friend with a shared dog named Girlfriend. I thought it was weird. Turns out you're weird too! :rolleyes:

Hope your recovery is swift and painless, and that your smell function returns promptly...

All the best,

Ailsa

Ailsa, I just went and smelled Mojo's, Wolfee's, and Godiva's (Aussie/BC/? mix, possible BC mix, and Bichon Frise, respectively) feet because of this thread......and felt a little bit weird about it!! The dogs were just like, "Um, what exactly are you doing?" But, no, none of their feet smell like Fritos or popcorn. Mojo's feet are completely scentless (they *maybe* smell faintly of grass, but that's still a stretch). Mojo himself, in fact, is completely odorless--even after coming in from being out in the rain, mud, or ocean, or even if he has gone weeks and weeks without a bath, he doesn't smell like anything. Godiva's feet and body are odorless, as well. Wolfee's feet do have a very faint scent, but they smell like the rest of him, which has a very faint doggy/houndy odor. How weird about the salty/Frito/popcorn smell of everyone else's dogs!

Ailsa, I just went and smelled Mojo's, Wolfee's, and Godiva's (Aussie/BC/? mix, possible BC mix, and Bichon Frise, respectively) feet because of this thread......and felt a little bit weird about it!! The dogs were just like, "Um, what exactly are you doing?" But, no, none of their feet smell like Fritos or popcorn. Mojo's feet are completely scentless (they *maybe* smell faintly of grass, but that's still a stretch). Mojo himself, in fact, is completely odorless--even after coming in from being out in the rain, mud, or ocean, or even if he has gone weeks and weeks without a bath, he doesn't smell like anything. Godiva's feet and body are odorless, as well. Wolfee's feet do have a very faint scent, but they smell like the rest of him, which has a very faint doggy/houndy odor. How weird about the salty/Frito/popcorn smell of everyone else's dogs!

:rolleyes:

I can see your dogs' quizzical faces now!

Not to cast aspersions, but could be that they're either "mixes" or non-bc??? I smell Skye's feet regularly and they make me hungry -- she's used to it now --see what you're missing! :D

A.

Are you from MARS?! :rolleyes: Has the evil multinational chip-making conglomerate not reached your enclave?

I will have to go and look now. Mind you I live on the edge of pastoral country in Western Australia and after 2 years of no rain and red dust it certainly looks like Mars.

I have always liked the smell of my dogs feet and I certainly have never mentioned it to anyone before in case they thought I was a bit weird.

I smell Skye's feet regularly and they make me hungry -- she's used to it now --see what you're missing! :D

:rolleyes::D I think I'm actually quite happy that I'm not made hungry by the smell of my dogs' feet.... :D

I think that those of us living in the US and other Frito-producing nations need to take pity on those who live a Frito-less life, and send them packages of Fritos so that they can see what their dogs' feet REALLY smell like. :rolleyes:

Mary, who has had Frito-toed dogs for 30 years...

Oddly enough, I have never opened a frito pack either, even though I most certain live in an area that is under the domination of the "evil multinational chip-making conglomerate". Some of us are just immune to such things.

And equally strangely, I have never sniffed Senneca's feet. I do bury my nose in her ruff when I hug her, but I swear she'd think her person had lost it completely if I started sniffing her feet.

And if you have a dog that isn't bc, I would be interested in knowing if their feet smelled of popcorn too...

I swear when I saw this thread title I was sure I had read it before. Turns out there is a current thread on the kees message board I frequent with the very same subject line. Their dogs seem to be evenly divided between popcorn and frito feet.

So it doesn't appear to be just a BC trait.

Neither Finn nor Lizzie have feet that smell like food. I can't believe I actually checked.

Maybe y'all just need to stop dropping snack food on the floor and vacuum more frequently. :rolleyes::D:D

Oddly enough, I have never opened a frito pack either, even though I most certain live in an area that is under the domination of the "evil multinational chip-making conglomerate". Some of us are just immune to such things.

... but I swear she'd think her person had lost it completely if I started sniffing her feet.

Alas, I have given up the ways of the frito and now only partake of the Smart popcorn.

Skye only associates me losing it completely when I tell her to "go lie down". :rolleyes:

A.