BC Boards

Sleeping at the foot of the bed

My dogs rarely get into bed with us as we just have too many and there would be no room left for us. But every now and then, especially as my husband is a nightowl, one will jump up and cuddle for a while with me and then wander off once it gets too warm. So, last night, Wentworth (Wenty the border-phant) jumped into bed ahead of me (he was escaping one of the other dogs) and settled himself on my pillow. He's very cute, and I was very tired, so instead of moving him, I pulled my pillow from under him (which he barely noticed as he was in sleepy puppy land within seconds) and tossed it on his legs and settled myself towards the foot of the bed.

It was then that I actually realized that I was sleeping at the foot of the bed on his legs instead of what would be semi-normal of him being at the foot of the bed on my legs. And still I didn't move. :rolleyes: They really do take over.....

Maria

LOL - that's so sweet :rolleyes: I often find myself sitting in unconfortable positions on the couch just so I won't disturb the light-sleeper who happens to just take the most adorable positions - on his back, all legs in the air. The second I move, he gets off the couch. And I want it to last longer :D :D :D

Z sleeps like a log - I can literally move her several inches over with my feet and she'll keep sleeping - very nice, but of course I try not to move her if possible. :rolleyes: I never thoguht I'd have a dog on the bed, but I am loving it so far. :D

At first they did not sleep in the house, all three have a nice heated 12 X 16 dog shed with seperate runs with outside areas to run. When I would put them up, they looked so sad and wanted to stay with me. Sooooo I started to bring one in and then the next night the other and then the other on the third night. I first thought I would have some problems, (going out to do their thing), but they never got off the bed. In fact they would lay against my back and keep me warm. When I would get up to get ready for work, they would still be in bed until I got the food out.-

Guest SweetJordan
My dogs rarely get into bed with us as we just have too many and there would be no room left for us. But every now and then, especially as my husband is a nightowl, one will jump up and cuddle for a while with me and then wander off once it gets too warm. So, last night, Wentworth (Wenty the border-phant) jumped into bed ahead of me (he was escaping one of the other dogs) and settled himself on my pillow. He's very cute, and I was very tired, so instead of moving him, I pulled my pillow from under him (which he barely noticed as he was in sleepy puppy land within seconds) and tossed it on his legs and settled myself towards the foot of the bed.

It was then that I actually realized that I was sleeping at the foot of the bed on his legs instead of what would be semi-normal of him being at the foot of the bed on my legs. And still I didn't move. :rolleyes: They really do take over.....

Maria

Haha that's how I spent part of the night last night.

My guys are allowed on the bed if we are awake and reading or watching TV. As the show "House" is favorite the whole clan gathers in my room on the bed to watch so we end up with 4 people, at least 2 cats, and most times 4 dogs...5 if theres a foster all jammed onto a Queen size bed. At night the rule is that when the lights go out everyone but a single cat off the bed. Whim cheats at night for at least half the night, the other half is spent under the bed