BC Boards

Peace and quiet...

Firstly...hi. I hope everyone here is doing lovely. All things are good on this end - Eilidh's hip has healed and she's as good as (well, better than) new. Recon has been heartworm free for a year now, thank goodness, and all is fine and lovely on that note. Sage has developed a flea allergy because our wonderful neighbors have an infestation and we're having an all out battle against the bloodsuckers (the fleas, not the neighbors)....so that's fun.

We've survived the first year of BYB-bred Eilidh's puppyhood. Let me tell you, that dog is a handful. My first year with Recon and with Combat (and Recon joined us when Combat was just 6 months old, so I had TWO adolescent BCs at once) went SO much smoother than with Eilidh. For the record, I see a definite difference between (bred-for-working-ability) Combat and Recon and (probably bred for color) Eilidh...in terms of personality, attitude, intelligence, OCD type behaviours (and by that I mean negative ones that pop up randomly, not the fixation on stock that one would want with a working dog.), Eilidh is just, to put it plainly, a nut. She's also timid and can be aggressive when reacting out of fear...and she's fearful of quite a bit. This is a dog that has never been abused, was raised from tiny puppyhood in a structured, positive, BC-friendly home, has been socialized as much as I possibly can socialize her....I think she's just got bad wiring. But we love her.

Anyway, the point of this post is...everyone got their vaccinations today, so everyone is tuckered out. It's so QUIET in my house.

I think I love it. :rolleyes: But I'm also weirded out...no one is bringing a ball to drop in my lap. It's crazy.

That's all. Just a general hi to you guys. :D Take care!

OK - I'm late, and this is a 'me too' post :rolleyes: - but hey - I live on the other side of the world, and I've been out all day training my dogs and taking classes. Anyways ....

Hi Aerie - really good to read a catch up post from you, and to heaar how the dogs are progressing. And treasure the quiet day while it happens. All the best ...

(Edited to fix up the finger trouble - it's been a tiring day. :D )

Man, has it been a year already? I am getting old! :rolleyes:

That's great to hear. I'm glad everyone is doing better. My best wishes to everyone.

But I'm also weirded out...no one is bringing a ball to drop in my lap. It's crazy.

Yep, there is nothing like that constant slobbery tennis ball in your lap 500 times a day :rolleyes:

The silence is nice every once in a while but how terrible it is when its gone. When my last border passed over to whisping spring fields and cool babbling streams I was absolutely horrified at the stillness. Even at 12+ he wanted to play ball, run through the house like a crazy dog or just simply had to be in my lap. Definately enjoy your silence but relish the craziness :D