BC Boards

The Loss of Buddy

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to say good by. Even if you only have one for a short time. Stories like this really hit me hard because I have such a deap love for dogs. But it makes me smile when I hear that one got rescued and really had a great life from then on, and that someone cared enough to let him go. It takes a lot to let them go, but in your heart you know he's still there. When ever you feel sad or miss him, just remember he's still right there beside you.

Rest in peace sweet guy

Cheri, so sorry to hear about Buddy. His was such a touching story. I was wondering about you and your family just the other day and if you still took the dogs fishing with you. You made Buddy's last years the best he ever had and I'm sure he left knowing how much he was loved. Hang in there.

I'm very sorry for all those left behind :rolleyes: , but I think Buddy was one extremely lucky chap. We're all trying to get home somehow, and he actually did. I'm sure he had everything he ever wanted in his life, thanks to you.

After reading how everyone was moved by Buddy's adoption, I'd love to read the thread... Does anyone have a link to the old story of Buddy's arrival?

If you click on the link to Buddy's Dogster page, in Cheri's signature, you'll be able to read about Buddy's history with Cheri's family and see more pictures. It's a good story.

Gosh Cheri, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Buddy. You were both so lucky to have each other for the time you did, but saying goodbye is soooo hard. You did so good for him, giving him a great home for his last years, and he repaid you by being such a great companion. RIP Buddy, your story fills all of our hearts with hope for more happy endings for senior dogs in rescue.

http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.p...ic=9189&hl=

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH EVERYONE! You have really helped ease my heart. Above is a link from a post a year ago, about Buddy playing with my Hubby for the first time. It was wonderful rereading it and all your kind words.

Back to work tomorrow, but I promise to check in on weekends from now on.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am not on the Boards much now - it has been weeks since I last checked them out. But I am glad I didn't miss your post - even if it is terribly sad. What you did for Buddy really has inspired me. I can't have another dog right now but one day I will take on a senior too. And will remember Buddy when I do so. Best wishes. Zoe and Dylan.

Go in peace, my valiant friend.

Suffer no more; sweet sleep has come.

Be welcomed by our friends;

They have blazed a path for you to follow.

Wait patiently, for I will join you again,

Your keen vision restored to lead our way,

Strength renewed, for we shall journey forever.

I learned from your courage

In the waning of your days.

You fought bravely through the pain,

A whimper never passed,

Always by my side as I was by yours.

Your battle is over, our grieving begins,

As I lay you to rest

In the yard were we played.

Your place in my soul

will always remain filled.

So rest now in peace, my gallant companion,

Knowing how much I loved you

And will miss you at my side.

Baby’s Dad eulogy for Zeke

Buddy has come a long way from the mournful sad dog we first brought into the house. He is always happy now and shows it often. Being loved and secure he has blossomed into a wonderful old man!

I took this quote from Buddies home page.

What a wonderful story for Buddy and I pray that the peace you gave Buddy finds it's way back to your heart while you are grieving his loss and his wonderful memories keep the hole in your heart from overwhelming you at this time.

You did a wonderful thing. Thank you.

Prayers to you and your family.

Kristen