BC Boards

How much does your dog weigh??

I was previously on another thread, and everyone started to mention how old their dogs were and weights. So, I being an owner of my very first BC, was wondering how old and how much does your dog weigh?

I'll go first, Misty's about 7 1/2 mos. old now, and weighs (last time we had her weighed) 38-40 lbs.

Since I finally found a forum for just BC's I am excited and curious to learn about other owners of BC's and their dogs. Can't wait to hear from you!

There's been a few of these threads on here before but I don't know how to link to them so I'll just post my answers.

Gunnar: Almost 2 years old, I think he's about 23" tall and weighs about 48lbs

n11822326_35114611_6145.jpg

Rhea: Almost 2 years old, She's around 21" tall and weighs about 45lbs

n11822326_34803210_8362.jpg

Masi: Almost 2 (a month behind the other two), around 18" tall and weighs just under 30lbs

n11822326_35114615_7621.jpg

Hi, and welcome,

believe it or not, it is often discussed,

we do have some previous thread with pictures of our bcs...

here's one http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=16548

and the other's here

http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=7572

have fun looking through! Add yours to those threads!

Willow weighs about 29 lbs, Bailey weighs about 41 lbs and Ginger weighs about 55 lbs.

Oops, editing for age. Willow is somewhere around 4 or 5, Bailey is 5 and Ginger will be 4 in February. All are very lean.

Annie (the Border Collie) is about 3-1/2 years old. At this point, she weighs 44 pounds, but (as I noted in a prior thread) this is about 4 pounds over what she was in October; the vet feels that 40 pounds is about ideal for Annie. (The good news is that she is down 1 pound from last week, so her revised diet seems to be working.)

There's been a few of these threads on here before but I don't know how to link to them so I'll just post my answers.

Gunnar: Almost 2 years old, I think he's about 23" tall and weighs about 48lbs

n11822326_35114611_6145.jpg

Rhea: Almost 2 years old, She's around 21" tall and weighs about 45lbs

n11822326_34803210_8362.jpg

Masi: Almost 2 (a month behind the other two), around 18" tall and weighs just under 30lbs

n11822326_35114615_7621.jpg

I just had to add, your dogs are beautiful!

Ok, here are a couple of pics of Misty, from what others posted, I got one from above, and one side shot. Don't have a lot of these to pick from, so I hope they're good enough. These were taken last month...she was 7 mos.

BCforumweightpic2.jpg

and a side view

weightpicforBCforum.jpg

Mick is almost 8 months old, and he weighs about 40lbs. He sets off the seat belt light when he sits in the passenger seat now.

He weighed 29 lbs when we got him at 6 months. Then, he was just a lanky thing. He's gotten much taller (growing into his ears) and very broad-chested.