BC Boards

Wanted URGENT- Someone in GA to help transport-it's too late :(

I don't know if everyone follows the rescue section so I'm posting here. There's a red dog - Rebecca is willing to foster, Dixie Girl is willing to help transport...and others have offered $$ for gas money. ALL that is needed is someone in GA to spring him to get the ball rolling.

I live in Canada, I'd love to pick him up, but it's a 2 day trip just to get there.

So...is someone out there to help with this...or is the lovely boy going to be put to sleep???

That's good to hear. I'm sorry you didn't get him though. Were you wanting him, or just going to foster him? I'm kind of going through the same thing now, just not as urgent. I'm glad everything went ok. God Bless

Since I'm the one that edited the title, I'll take responsibility for scaring the cr** out of people. BUT...I was also hoping to get some attention. This particular story had a great outcome but it could have easily gone the other way. There were 2 people willing to foster him, and 3-4 offers of $$ to help with transfer...and no one could spring the dog.

When he was no longer listed - after close to 3 weeks...it was easy to assume the worst. I'm so glad that WWBC had the fortitude to find out what happened....I couldn't do it.

A lot of these stories go the other way though Kris. The sad reality is that hundreds of them get euthanized. It is truly amazing to rally around a dog like the community does, but we should never forget that maybe no one is coming forward because we are cleaning up the messes in our own backyards. I have something like 25 dogs in rescue right now. I've turned down three in the last two days. We're out of room.

RDM

Hi RDM, I know that it is nigh on impossible to save them all...I can only wish that time will come. In this particular case, however, there was someone willing to foster him..but no one to do the transport - that's the part I found distressing and frustrating.

I'd love to be able to provide fostering, but I live so far from most BC's in need, that it's not practical. Some day, I hope to be able to do more, but for now, I can offer some financial support if that's what it will take to get a dog out of a kill shelter.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...YOU (rescuers/fostering homes) do so much and without the recognition you so deserve. It must be both rewarding and heartbreaking. Wouldn't it be nice if the day came when your services for rescue were no longer needed?

Until then, thank you for all you do!