BC Boards

hairy belly

My dog has hair all over his belly, but I know what you mean. My sister's dogs (boxer-type coats) have much barer, pink bellies than my dog. You can see their skin down there.

Incidentally, we got a fresh snow the other day, and my dog had tiny dreadlocks-like icicles hanging off his belly hair and his er... well, you know. :rolleyes:

Mary

Some dogs do have more hair than others on their belly's. However, females will lose what hair is there when they get prego and it will usually not grow back. I think amount has to do with breed and coat type. A smooth coated dog probly has less on the belly than a longer haired dog.

Here's a hairy belly for you:

2005_1119bildererste0001kl2.jpg

(that was in November, so it's her winter coat, but she always has long hair down there.)

I always wonder about those completely nekkid pink BC bellies that show up on the boards sometimes. They look funny to me! I never checked where these dogs live. Maybe it is something to do with temperature (although I'm not sure if their coats can really adapt that much...somehow I doubt it, but I could be wrong). One thing's for sure, a hairless belly would be very awkward in our winters! Brrr.

Now, that's a hairy belly. :D

I hadn't really thought about the fact that female dogs wouldn't have as much hair on their belly, especially after giving birth. Makes total sense.

I've never had a female dog that had puppies*, so all my doggies have been fuzzy all over (and pretty fuzzy breeds, too)!

*edited: I have, but I was a kid, so don't remember all the hairy details. :rolleyes:

Lucy Lou has hair completely covering her belly. I have never seen this in a dog before. Does your dog have hair on his/her belly. If my camera wasn't broke I would take pictures to show you.

Misty has hair on her belly, not like the one shown, that's for sure! lol She was spayed in November, so it's still coming in, but it is thin. I would download a pic too, but I'm on the laptop and all pics are on our main computer. I actually like that harry belly, it looks sooo soft! :rolleyes: