BC Boards

Database reorganization

Ceredwyn and KrisK both suggested that our database for people who can transport has become outdated and too cumbersome to use. We are making an attempt to remedy that. In the pinned topics, you will see four new database threads -- three for the US in alphabetical order by state, and one for Canada. If you are willing to transport, please post to the thread that includes your state or province. We will take the information you post and classify it under your state or province, so it will be easier for those needing transport through that state or province to find you. Please do this even if you already posted your information to the old original database thread, so that we will have updated information for you and know that you are still able and willing to transport.

Thank you very much for your help. If you have questions or suggestions about this, or run into any problems, please let me know.

Eileen, I LOVE the new reorganization!!! Thank you so much! This will makes things so much easier. We have some terrific people on this Board - several of these folks have helped with pulls and transports in the last few months and one recently agreed to help out with a home visit in an area where the rescue I volunteer with has no contacts. THANK YOU!!!! (And all of the wonderful folks who sign up to help!)

Some time ago I was discussing maintaining a privately held phone contact database with a select few "known" rescuers here on the boards. This developed out of a circumstance where someone who was on the transport database and didn't frequent the boards on a regular basis couldn't be reached when needed for a dog in need. Would those of you willing to volunteer for transport be willing to give telephone contacts as well?

If one person from each geographic/time zone who frequents the boards would keep the database I think that would be useful for occasions when time is of the essence. If I remember, P. Smitty (Paula-FLA) Dixie Girl (Linda-SC) and Ceredwyn(Cheryl-MO) had volunteered. I would be willing to keep it for western states and maybe KrisK would be willing to for Canada. What do y'all think?

True, but there are hardly any people there, right? [just kidding]

The phone number thing sounds like a good idea to me. So maybe we could say that anyone willing to leave a phone number should PM it to one of these people -- to KrisK if you live in Canada, nancy in AZ if you're in the western US, Ceredwyn if you're in the central US, or PSmitty if you're in the eastern US (Dixie Girl is also in the eastern US, so maybe she and PSmitty can work out who will handle that region). If somebody has a better idea, please post.

Seelie Fey, thanks for the offer. I'm not quite sure how we could utilize it right now, or if it would prove to be better than this system, but let's see how this one goes for awhile and I'll keep it in mind as a possibility.

True, but there are hardly any people there, right? [just kidding]

Hey...I think we have 33 million now :rolleyes: There's a song about where I live....it refers to all the rocks and trees, trees and rocks and not much else! I agree there are more trees and rocks than people where I live but I kinda like it that way :D