BC Boards

Gypsy Killed Christmas

I'm not the neatest of people. I feel comfortable in a chaotic environment. But now that we have a dog.. I realize how often I put things where they shouldn't be.. like out in the open where little troublesome dogs can get into them. Gypsy is teaching me this lesson quite thoroughly. I'm sitting in the computer room (it's my home-base) when Stefan asks if the dog looks sparklier than usual.. maybe she got into some sparkles or something? When she runs over to me I can't see anything, and am sure he's gone insane, and dismiss the thought. The next morning while I head out the back door through the backyard to go to work I stop in my tracks, shake my head, and laugh. There are green and red sparkles all over the snow filled backyard. It looks like Gypsy killed an elf, or Santa Claus himself! Then I remember taking out a couple big plastic bulbs filled with sparkles.. they look like Christmas balls that you'd hang on a tree.. except that they are transparent and plastic and filled with sparkles for crafts. I was using the sparkles the other day. There was a gold one, red, and green, all sitting in a bag, which clearly Gypsy got to, then took outside (she has a doggie door) and ripped to shreds. It was the funniest sight ever, and definitely made me laugh all day at work. I wish I had taken a photo! It was all over the yard. Unfortunately I was headed to work and didn't have time to snap a picture, and it's snowed over it now. But adorable. Will definitely stick in my mind and make sure I put things on higher shelves and levels out of dogs reach!

I got her a little santa hat and a collar with fur and jingly bells on it, but she refuses to let me photograph it properly. Thursday is Christmas party day at our obedience class, and she'll get to have a photo with Santa. Yay. :rolleyes:

~*AnNa*~

:rolleyes: As long as she didn't eat too many sparkles. Wish you'd got a pic of your sparkly yard though - sound pretty.

Know what you mean abouit being comfortable in chaos. I'm clearly also a slow learner, as it wasn't until I'd shelled out about $200 on replacement underwear, and training pants that Kirra had eaten the pockets ouit of to get the last possible treat that might have been left, that I realised I needed to start picking up more rigorously. Gotta love them. :D

In our house, it's usually NOT the dog! Knock on wood, Daisy does not destroy things or counter surf. However, if we fail to close the closet door tightly, the darn cat chews off shoelaces, every time. It is so annoying to be getting dressed in a hurry, and one of your shoes has only half a shoelace! You would not believe how hard it is to train a husband to keep the closet doors closed! And certainly the only Christmas tree tip-overs have been feline. I wish I had a picture of the cat stuck up on a rafter that she'd leapt onto from a very tall Christmas tree, tipping it over in the process! Meeerowww!

In our house, it's usually NOT the dog!

Haha.. actually in our house it's not always the dog either. Because we also have 2 birds, a rat, and a rabbit (also turtles and fish.. but they're fairly tame on the destructo-adventures what with being aquarium bound and all- though our most recently adopted turtle did manage to successfully climb over the edge of the tank.. but all he discovered was a 4 foot drop and a thud before I came to put him back into his oppressive existence in a 75 gallon tank, while laughing at him). My two cockatiels can definately be mischievous (they spend alot of time out of their cage.. because parrots are companion animals!!!) Birds love mirrors.. and my Smeagol has definately chiseled away at some of our mirror frames, eaten plants, and any paper near him is doomed. Our rabbit is probably most mischievous, because he's clearly a descendant of Houdini and has let himself out of his cage at his own will several times.. destroying (dangerously enough) various expensive electrical wires. The rats also learned how to open their cage a couple times (what can I say.. I live with very intelligent animals.. which might explain how a Border Collie fits perfectly into the mischievous mastermind circus scenario) but they mainly explore things rather than obliterate them like the other animals. Gypsy will definately eat and destroy things.. but unlike the expensive electronic appetites of evil Mr. MooShoo (bunny) Gypsy will mainly destroy random odd objects, like rifling through the recycling bin and playing with plastic bottles or toilet paper rolls.. Hehe. She's a thrifty little clown. :rolleyes:

Always some kind of adventure taking place in my zoo :D I must admit.. I love it that way. <3

~*AnNa*~

In our house, it's usually NOT the dog!

That is like Arwen!! I got groceries the other day and set them on the counter. Walked outside, grabbed more bags and brought them in. In just that time, Arwen had jumped on the counter pulled the steaks from the plastic grocery bag, opened it, knocking a glass into the sink and breaking it. She was happily munching on steak when I came in!! I could have shot her lol. Then, I am making hubs a quilt for Christmas and she merrily decides to attack all the squares on the bed and mix them all up. I had to redo the pattern because her furry butt messed it all up :rolleyes: We have nicknamed her Destructo. She is worse than a dog because she fits on a counter and is lightening fast. She tries to eat off my plate no matter how many times I push her away. She even ran across hubby and swiped her paws in his potatoes and gravy and happily ate it off her paw. Such a bad little kitty lol

Haha aww. I've never really been around a very destructive cat. My cat at my families house hasn't destroyed a thing. When I took in a stray cat for a couple weeks while trying to find her a home though.. this one cat was bent on using the potted plants in my house as her bathroom fascilities, even after displaying perfect litterbox manners for a few days. I even cut out shields of cardboard that covered the soil, leaving a hole for the plants to stick out.. but she just decided to poop onto of said cardboard. Haha. She liked to sit ontop of my 75 gallon tank sometimes (with a cover on it) and perch atop odd places, but mostly I've always been around rather mellow cats. Gypsy is definately much more mischevious. :rolleyes: