BC Boards
sandra s.

Happy Third Gotcha Day, Kessie!

I love it!!! She is so dang adorable!! I have to admit, I copied you on something. I grabbed snow balls last week and threw them at Riven who immediately jumped for them and splattered them all over her face. It was hilarious, and I thank you for the idea.

As usual those pictures are awesome.

Thanks folks :rolleyes:

Those mountain pics are spectacular where are most of them taken, what country and area???

The ones in the album? They're all taken in various parts of the Alps:

- Bayerische Voralpen (that's where we live; they're the smaller mountains with all the fir trees). Southern Germany

- Karwendelgebirge (the ones with the gorgeous grey limestone walls). Southern Germany/Northern Austria, very near home

- Rofan (picture 07-11-01a) Austria

- Wetterstein (07-10-31) Southern Germany

- Zillertaler Alpen (07-07-15, 07-09-03) Austria

- Stubaier Alpen (07-07-20) Austria

- Dachstein (07-07-26) Austria

- Totes Gebirge (07-07-27) Austria

- Silvretta (07-08-04/05/06) Austria

- Aosta Valley (07-09-29 - 07-10-03) northern Italy

- Ötztaler Alpen (07-10-08) Austria

I think that's it! :D The ones from the Gotcha Day walk have a part of the Karwendel as background (Westliche Karwendelspitze to be exact).

I have to admit, I copied you on something. I grabbed snow balls last week and threw them at Riven who immediately jumped for them and splattered them all over her face.

Kessie asks if that means that some of HER snowballs were thrown to another dog?????

DSCF8084kl.jpg

No Kessie, the only one eating YOUR snow is your little sister!

A propos: another playmate wonders WHAT that is and WHY it bounces so:

DSCF8069kl.jpg

and just to show off...doesn't she look cool in the sunset with those eyes of hers:

DSCF8083kl.jpg

DSCF8078kl.jpg

i can't believe i missed this thread...

Happy gotcha day... and i really love her grinning pictures!! :rolleyes:

hopefully in the near future, kingsley and i would be able to join you for a hike too!!

i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Guest SweetJordan

Beautiful pics and what a pretty girl! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The first day it snowed here I saw the dogs having so much fun that I had to put on my snow pants to join them. Our scenery wasn't as beautiful as yours though.

I didn't notice what kind of shoes you had on as I was looking at the dogs, but do you ever use snow shoes to go hiking? I'm thinking about getting myself a pair.

No, so far I've always gotten away with using my normal hiking boots:

DSCF4430kl.jpg

Sometimes that means wading a bit, but our mountains are well visited and there's always some desperate soul who makes the first set of tracks after a snow fall. Most of the time it's not me! You can rent snow shoes here for about 10 Euros a day, and I'm going to try them out some time and see if I like them. At the moment you can get around just fine without them, though. The snow is almost weightless and doesn't stick together at all. Perfect for speeding doggies! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Happy Gotcha Day wishes!