BC Boards

Say a prayer for Larky

I was following my usual routine this morning--get up, let the dogs out, go to the bathroom, then go out and feed. I went out to feed, and Lark is always there to help push the sheep off the feed bunks, but this morning she wasn't. I started calling her. She finally came up but was acting scared. Then I got a look at her. Her head is all scraped up and bloody, blood in one eye, but able to walk around. I'm guessing she went out to the road and was hit by a car. I just got back from taking her to the vet. I expect a phone call soon. Please pray that it's just scrapes and no permanent/serious damage.

J.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! I hope there's no internal damage. Maybe she pulled a Ben and just tripped/ran into something in her haste to avoid the car. Prayers said right now!

I was following my usual routine this morning--get up, let the dogs out, go to the bathroom, then go out and feed. I went out to feed, and Lark is always there to help push the sheep off the feed bunks, but this morning she wasn't. I started calling her. She finally came up but was acting scared. Then I got a look at her. Her head is all scraped up and bloody, blood in one eye, but able to walk around. I'm guessing she went out to the road and was hit by a car. I just got back from taking her to the vet. I expect a phone call soon. Please pray that it's just scrapes and no permanent/serious damage.

J.

OH NO- I hope little Lark is OK! At least you found her and got her to the vet to be checked out. What a way to start your morning! Laurie

Update: I just spoke with the vet. He says Lark is in shock and they're treating her for that before they do anything else. He didn't find any obvious breaks, but they will be X-raying her to check for internal injuries. I also asked that they check for a skull fracture since the worst injury seems to be to her head. Because she's basically able to walk around, I assume he's thinking the injuries to her head aren't severe, but I'd rather know for sure. Other than that, I'm just to call back around noon to check on her as they expect that by then they will have her stabilized enough to treat the injuries they see and any others they may find and be able to give me more information.

J.

OMG! How awful!!! Everyone here will send out the best vibes we can. Tikkle apparently has "connections," so I will ask her to work on it. Please update us as soon as you hear anything,

A