BC Boards

O/T - my rune stone marker (photo attached)

When we moved to the farm, I wanted to have the right name. The only name that seemed to fit was 'Sanctuary'. Since that sounded a bit pretentious, I told DH, that I wanted Sanctuary written in Nordic Runes. While I was away at the sheepherding trials, DH constructed my rune stone marker. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It was just how I pictured it. The total size - about 1200 lbs. The shape is actually copied from ancient stone anchors used in the Mediterranean. So, here's the photo of the finished product.

100_1901.jpg

That's beautiful Kris, I love the single pine.

How heavy is that marker? Is it made with Dan's special magic? Will you be putting a garden around it?

Check your PM's for all the news that's fit to print. We've got some catching up to do, girl!

It's made of 1,200 lbs of concrete but designed so it can be moved, if necessary.

Is that what he does for a living?
In some ways, yes. He does work in concrete but most of his work is 'fine art' such as masks, vases, bowls, platters, etc. I don't have any pictures at work, but I'll post some just so you can see what a talent he has! He is always 'pushing the envelope' to see just what he can do and the results are quite spectacular! [yes this is totally shameless bragging :rolleyes: ]