BC Boards

CBCA Championship Results

NancyO

Someone posted a partial results list on another list , but no dog names. I *believe* that it was Bill and Mike that won the whole thing (paws crossed, I love that dog. That noggin! The excessively large frame!) Hopefully the full results will be published soon!

Canadian Championship results.

1st Bill Berhow

2nd Amanda Milliken

3rd Ian Zoerb

Nursery

1st Amanda Milliken

2nd Jenny Glen

Hmmm. Never heard of these folks before....

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone!

Someone posted a partial results list on another list , but no dog names. I *believe* that it was Bill and Mike that won the whole thing (paws crossed, I love that dog. That noggin! The excessively large frame!) Hopefully the full results will be published soon!

Canadian Championship results.

1st Bill Berhow

2nd Amanda Milliken

3rd Ian Zoerb

Nursery

1st Amanda Milliken

2nd Jenny Glen

• 9 months later...

I was there! All I can say is the sheep were NASTY!!, The handlers and dogs had their work cut out for them!! It was an event with breathtaking moments and holding your breath moments. There were moments of sheer joy and definitely moments of agony! The weather on Saturday and Sunday was good. I watched the Nursey winning runs, saw Amanda Milliken's winning run but missed the 2nd place winner. All in all, it was a great weekend. I even bought myself a stock stick :D

There was one Kodak moment which I hope someone caught....on the drive, one of the sheep turned around and challenged the dog.. :rolleyes: I MEAN NOSE TO NOSE!! The dog was kind...waited it out and the sheep proceeded back to the rest of the flock. I am sure the handler was breathing a sigh of relief at that moment!!

I have to wade through all the pictures I took to see if I have any decent ones. If I do, I'll post them on the gallery

Pics PLEASE!!! So, the sheep were nasty eh? I assumed that with the scores. Were they just fighting, or taking off and splitting too? What that dog that you described did, is well, exactly what we all strive for...

I was there! All I can say is the sheep were NASTY!!, The handlers and dogs had their work cut out for them!! It was an event with breathtaking moments and holding your breath moments. There were moments of sheer joy and definitely moments of agony! The weather on Saturday and Sunday was good. I watched the Nursey winning runs, saw Amanda Milliken's winning run but missed the 2nd place winner. All in all, it was a great weekend. I even bought myself a stock stick :D

There was one Kodak moment which I hope someone caught....on the drive, one of the sheep turned around and challenged the dog.. :rolleyes: I MEAN NOSE TO NOSE!! The dog was kind...waited it out and the sheep proceeded back to the rest of the flock. I am sure the handler was breathing a sigh of relief at that moment!!

I have to wade through all the pictures I took to see if I have any decent ones. If I do, I'll post them on the gallery

The sheep weren't fighting the dogs as they have done in the past, but they were quite ready to split and run to the exhaust or back to the set-out (or into the woods, as was the unfortunate case for one of my dogs). The turn at the post was the most treacherous part of the course, with many runs being finshed there. If the turn didn't end you, then the second drive panel certainly tested your depth perception. The pen was predictably difficult, and many hands were left holding the rope when the time clock sounded, or gripped out. The shed was easily accomplished if you were still alive at that point. Funny how in the double-lift that the turn was more easily handled with 20 sheep than 4 but the panels seemed extremely small when trying to squeeze through the big group. One had to think twice about remembering to send your dog back for the second group, as we watched in horror as two handlers, one almost after the other, forgot the second gather. The turn backs were either good or bad, depending on the competitor, and the international sheds were an agonizingly long struggle for most. Frankly, I think that Saturday's competition is more fun to watch than the double-lift, because tension builds during the day to see who will stay alive for Sunday's double-lift competition. The drama unfolded, particularly when some very experienced hands were eliminated during the tough afternoon runs, when the heat and fatique made the sheep cranky and quick to escape. It was a great trial, both for the spectator and the competitors, and it continues to be one of my favorites of the year.