BC Boards

Anyone going to the Red Creek Farm Fall Trial?

I'm thinking about dropping by to watch the festivities and meet some like minded folks in the area (in addition to scoping out the farm for herding training possibilities) and figured I would see if anyone from the Boards was planning on going that I could meet up with.

My fiance was planning on coming down this weekend, but had a family member pass so he had to take a raincheck; to make myself feel better I figured I would go see some working dogs do their thing. :rolleyes:

That would be at Carol Anne and Jon's place. Carol Anne was my trainer. She is Hubert Bailey's daughter. Don't know yet if I am going. She quit doing training and now I am kinda in limbo as to what I want to do and who could help me get there. I honestly was thinking of going just to maybe make some connects to someone else to help in the training. If I go, I will let you know.

BTW, this is the trial Jackson was suppose to run in N/N. But, alas, no training.

Well now you have to go DG cause I need to meet one of the great people who helped me when I was getting ready to move down here and I need some good dog friends that I can talk to in person instead of by phone or IM (like all my friends back in the Midwest). :rolleyes:

Well I'm only planning on going saturday myself since I'm trying to save gas money lol - it was fate! :rolleyes: Hope there's a few other people thinking about it too - a mini BC Boards get together! :D

Well I'm only planning on going saturday myself since I'm trying to save gas money lol - it was fate! :rolleyes: Hope there's a few other people thinking about it too - a mini BC Boards get together! :D

Well count me in! We'll have to find each other and say hello! We'll be there for the weekend. I'll have the black and white "heifer" with me (and the "nerd") :D

Karen

Plans have changed! I will only be able to go on Sun. DH is coming in tonight I just found out and he will leave out again Sun. So, Sat will be spent getting his stuff together to go back out, washing his clothes, and well, catching up on things! LOL So, Karen I will definitely see you! Erin, could you possibly change the day you go to Sun?? That would be swell! I hope I get to see both of y'alls! I don't know if I want to take Skip, he needs the experience, but, Jackson is more reliable in those situations! But then, I hate having him that close to sheep and him not getting to work! LOL Maybe Carol Anne will let me sneak in some time! LOL

Hmm maybe I could, though I am planning on trying out for a play Sunday at 3pm, so I'd just be there the first part of the day. I know Journey already left, so we'll just have to play it by ear...or maybe i could go both days and say to heck w/ the gas costs. :rolleyes: (darn herding addiction...).

I know I probably won't bring Maggie since the last time we were close to sheep she barked her fool head off until she got to be in the pen w/ them, but I may bring foster puppy since she can use the socialization. She thinks sheep poo is yummy though. :D It'd be interesting to see her reaction to the festivities after not seeing sheep for 4 to 6 weeks. :D

Oh, please bring one of them! I will probly bring Jackson, mainly because Skip doesn't do so well on long distances in the truck, he is just getting used to driving as far as the vet! I really hope you make it Sun. I'll be the fat old broad with the skinny dog! LOL

Ok I'll be there Sunday - there's a pic of me in my profile and I'll likely just have the tan and white pup from my last photo post. :rolleyes:

Erin

Oh, please bring one of them! I will probly bring Jackson, mainly because Skip doesn't do so well on long distances in the truck, he is just getting used to driving as far as the vet! I really hope you make it Sun. I'll be the fat old broad with the skinny dog! LOL