BC Boards

I lost Naihm

Guest pax

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I guess we can speculate about the collar thing all we want. Perhaps she got caught up on something and her collar broke off before anyone even found her? It wasn't super heavy duty so it's possible. Then when someone found a sweet, tagless dog they were going to keep her. Then they saw your fliers but didn't want the reward money or the attention (not uncommon for true dog lovers) so they looked your number up online, found your address and dropped her back where she belongs with a collar on.

I guess we can speculate about the collar thing all we want. Perhaps she got caught up on something and her collar broke off before anyone even found her? It wasn't super heavy duty so it's possible. Then when someone found a sweet, tagless dog they were going to keep her. Then they saw your fliers but didn't want the reward money or the attention (not uncommon for true dog lovers) so they looked your number up online, found your address and dropped her back where she belongs with a collar on.

That's what I was thinking. But in the end - I'm just glad she is home!!

Glad to hear she is home! I was going to suggest calling of the local radio stations and see if they would mention it quick. Sometimes they do it for free... sometimes you need to pay the advertising fee. It's usually a good method to get the word out.

It does sound like someone found Naimh and took her in for a day. Thank goodness that she was either brought home or got loose and came home!

I bet this kind of thing happens a lot. I think I mentioned this when Rebecca's Ben was lost, or perhaps it was when Linda's Jackson was missing. My Utah daughter's dog Tundra went missing in Salt Lake City, from her friend's yard who was dog-sitting her. There was no familiar home nearby for her to return to. The next morning, my heartbroken daughter and my husband drove around in her truck, putting up flyers everywhere. What do they see but Tundra walking down the street, on a leash, with some strange guy! Turns out he'd found her wandering, really liked her, and decided "she was too nice a dog to be taken to the pound." He was fine with giving her back to her very obvious owner -- Tundra was deliriously excited, starting when she saw the familiar truck, before my daughter had even gotten out, so it was pretty clear whose dog she was. Yet I do wonder what he would have done when he saw the flyers, if they hadn't met up. Yep, both of my daughters have lost their dogs and gotten them back. And when I first got Daisy, we had a couple of "incidents" before I realized how high a fence she could jump and how much firecrackers frightened her.

Celia.. I don't come on the boards for a day or two and look what I missed! I'm SOO glad she's home safe, when I was reading this post I wanted to cry.. I hate when they run away, even for a minute (with us its the cats -.-) I'm glad you have your girl back, and that she's fine! *hugs*

Last night, I took Jackson and Skip out front as usual to play frizbee. It is deer season and the deer has been congregating around my property as no one has started hunting here yet. Apparently, Skip seen a deer in the woods and started after it, I WAS able to call him back, sooooooo, for now, we will be playing in the fenced area at dark time! Way too scary.

Patty, I keep Seann in my thoughts and prayers all the time. I believe in miracles. Don't lose hope. All the best to you!

Oh my ! - thank goodness she is back safe and sound. I haven't been able to check in with the Boards for a few days and then I see this. I lost Dylan for 10 minutes earlier this year and it was AWFUL so I can't imagine what you must have been going through. So happy for you both now.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

The first night we moved to TX from KS when I was 10 yrs old, we left our late dog, Skeeter, in the backyard of our rental house. Our moving truck wasn't scheduled to arrive until the next day so we stayed at a motel not too far away. To this day I am not sure why we didn't take Skeeter with us but we didn't. During the night Skeeter escaped the yard and wandered into the darkness of a town he had never seen or smelled before. He was missing for almost a week when we decided to call our vet in KS. Lo n' behold, someone had called the vet reporting Skeeter missing shortly before we'd called. The only tags Skeeter had on were his KS tags. The vet put us in contact with the person who had Skeeter and we went and get him. Come to find out, Skeeter had made it 5 miles from our house to a gas station at the intersection of a main road and an interstate highway. He sat outside the door at the gas station until this woman decided to take him home. So far, that's the only time I've ever lost a dog. I hope it's the last, too, though that's probably wishful thinking with as many dogs as I have.

I'm so glad that she's home!!!!! I haven't gotten to read all 8 pages yet :rolleyes: so I'm sorry if I missed something. I'll get them all read tonight. :D

HAPPY DANCE that she's home!!

You have proberly seen on the other thread that i have been away and didn't know of Zelda's name change or this terrible experience you have been through.

It must have been awful for you and your family, i am so glad that Naihm is safe and well now with you.

I haven't found yet how the name Naihm came about?, that is very unusual name. Nice though. :D

eta - she does look good in that siggy Celia!! :rolleyes:

You have proberly seen on the other thread that i have been away and didn't know of Zelda's name change or this terrible experience you have been through.

It must have been awful for you and your family, i am so glad that Naihm is safe and well now with you.

I haven't found yet how the name Naihm came about?, that is very unusual name. Nice though. :D

eta - she does look good in that siggy Celia!! :rolleyes:

You say, "Neeve".

It means "bright". In legend, she was the Princess of the Land of Promise, aka as Tir na nOg.

I love the name Zelda, but when I met her, I thought she was a bit softer than a Zelda.

Also, the first time I said it to her she changed direction mid-stride and came loping back to me.

It was on the list of girl's name for both my girls but didn't make the final cut. I've had it in the back of my head a while and it suits her.