BC Boards

"Your head will fit in my mouth!"

One of the photos in the gallery reminded me of something I was going to bring up. Zeeke and Zoe adore each other, let's preface it with that. Well, Zoe adores Zeeke more than the other way around, but they obviously get along SO well. They play a lot, and play rough.

One of Zeeke's favorite games is grabbing Zoe by the head. Zeeke is 110lbs - Zoe is 30. He puts his jaws right over her head and bites lightly. Once or twice I've even caught him dragging her across the room like that! :eek: That elicits a "Zeeke, cut that out! Let your sister go!" from me, but otherwise I just let them play. Zoe WILL yipe if he gets too rough, and he'll (usually) back off if she does, so it's not as if he's hurting her (or she doesn't care). Soon as he lets her go she hurls herself at him and grabs him by the cheek.

So my question is - does anyone elses' dogs do this? Obviously there'd have to be a size difference to get one head in the other's mouth. It's sure taken some getting used to, it used to freak me out. LOL

My two do this and they are about the same size although Pache's mouth is bigger than Navi's. He can't cover Navi's whole head but he does get a pretty good chunk of it. After he lets go Navi grabs him by the neck or tail. Then it's a good game of chase and starts all over again.

Really painful but funny to watch!

My Ruger(bc) does this to our little Krazy(eskie). At first it scared me. But to drive me even more nuts I have actually seen Krazy walk up to Ru and lay his head at his mouth and wait! It is the must nuts thing. Ru never hurts him and Krazy never makes him stop. I'll have to try to get a picture. It's actually quite funny because Ru is mostly white and Krazy is all white. It's just this giant fluffy white thing with 2 tails! :rolleyes:

Our neighbors' yellow Lab is always trying to get Allie's head in her mouth (and she does a pretty darn good job of it). Allie certainly doesn't seem to mind and I haven't noticed any ill effects, but it makes her very slimy with dog spit.

Dazzle likes to put the Shih tzus' head in her mouth (they are only 10 pounds, she is 30) or drag them by their hair or ears. Poor things.

They too will yelp or growl at her if she gets to hard.

My BCs weigh 48 lbs (almost 3 yrs) and 42 lbs (7 mos) and play like this with one of my cats. I used to discourage it, but the cat always goes looking for more. They don't hurt her or bite down. They put her head in their mouths and make chewbacca type noises, wagging their tails all the while. The worst thing that happens to the cat is a head full of dog spit.

Pepper, my lab, and Mattie, my I have no idea BC mix, play like this also. My favorite line is, "Pepper, Mattie's head may fit in your mouth, but that is not where it belongs." He will instantly let go, as he is a good boy. But then Mattie goes for the cheap shot, usually the back leg, and its on again. I usually get a look from Pepper to make sure I know that he did not start it.

The worst thing that happens to the cat is a head full of dog spit.
Zoe gets this all the time... comes running up to me and her head looks like she put gel in it. Yuck. Luckily it brushes right out, once dry. I think I finally found a dog with non-stick fur.

It's great to know it's not just a weird thing Zeeke does. LOL Hubby finds it hilarious. (Of course he roots for Zeeke. :rolleyes: )