BC Boards

Meeker Semis

stockdogranch

Just checked scores again, and Pippa has a 93!! She is SOOOOOOO cool!

Anna

Yes, Elizabeth is a member; her handle is workindogs. She drew up first in the running order so will set the standard! It's not her first trip to the Meeker final day with Rye, so hopefully they'll have good luck!

Of personal interest to me is Alberto Stern and Tweed, from Switzerland. Alberto is a very good friend of our veterinarian. He had heard about Soldier Hollow and Meeker through the international Working Sheepdog News and was asking our vet about the trials last year. Of course John (our vet) thought of us and referred Alberto to us. I was able to help him through the application processes (he and Tweed won the Swiss Open and the Dutch Open in 2007 so were great candidates for a Soldier Hollow invite) and now I'm thrilled to see they made it to Sunday at Meeker!

I was just at the vet's on Friday and he had spoken to Alberto before Meeker started; Alberto was apparently very impressed with the difficulty of our western range ewes! "Nothing like our nice little sheep at home", he said.

Good luck to all today's competitors!

As of 11:30 am (Mountain time) Tommy Wilson is leading with 157 out of 170 and the only handler to finish the course at that time.

Elizabeth Black and Rye ran first with a 100. Many excellent handlers have retired or just simply not finished. Let's hear it for Elizabeth and Rye!