BC Boards

Toby

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so sorry Linda. That's terrible. And for the kids to have to see it! Poor little Toby. I know he had a good life while he was with you though. He's up there with all those other BC's that have gone over the bridge, running around and playing. With that big 'ol smile :rolleyes:

My thoughts and prayers are out to you and your family.

I'm so sorry. What a terrible loss - you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Nothing is as awful as losing a dog to a car or truck...I recently lost my terrier to a speeding vehicle just outside our home. Rest in peace, Toby.

Thank y'all so much! It was a rough night for the grands. But they are doing much better. My granddaughter tried so hard to get one of the other dogs to sleep with her, but they HAVE to be right with me all the time, so she finally settled for a stuffed dog instead. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am glad that lil dog was happy his last days. And no, I do not believe he ever knew what hit him, and I don't believe he suffered.

Thanks again.

Look not where I was

For I am not there.

My spirit is free.

I am everywhere;

In the air that you breathe.

In the sounds that you hear.

Don't cry for me,

My spirit is near.

I'll watch for you

From the other side;

I'll be the one running,

New friends by my side.

Smile at my memory,

Remember in your heart:

This isn't the end,

It's a brand new start.

RIP, little one. :rolleyes:

I wish I could turn back time for your Granddaughter. It must be so hard for her.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

For your grandchildren:

My precious boy passed away, no more to breathe a sound.

I held him for the last time, then entombed him in the ground.

Day and night I wept so much, in tears I thought I'd drown.

I searched my soul for comfort, but no peace therein was found.

In great despair, I hit my knees and then began to pray.

"Father, will I ever see my dog again someday?"

I raised my eyes and saw an angel standing near a gate.

I sensed an inner peace I'd never felt before that day.

The angel smiled and said to me, "Oh ye of little faith!

God sees every bird that falls; He knows your puppy's fate.

I have met your little dog, I saw him pass my way.

Your precious dog is still alive; he just walked through this gate.

Paradise is lovelier than you can comprehend.

No pain or grief, no tears or fears, and life will have no end.

God gave to man His only Son, to cover all his sins.

So why would God withhold from you, your pure and loving friend?”

The angel took me by the hand and said, "Now come with me.

A glimpse of paradise I'll give, to you so you can see."

Through the gate and o'er the Rainbow Bridge we did proceed.

Through green valleys filled with flowers, rolling hills and trees.

“Wow, so this is paradise!” The place was filled with joy.

I saw my puppy playing there, with dogs and cats and toys.

He also had some doggie treats, and food that he enjoyed.

He'd made a lot of new friends there, including girls and boys.

Then I saw a child come near, and hug my little mate.

She said to him, "I love you so," and kissed him on the face.

The angel said, "The child just crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.

Now she needs a little friend, to love and help her play.

God’s love for her would be enough, in that make no mistake.

But in His love, He knew full well, the child would want a mate.

This is why God called your dog unto this splendid place.

God’s entrusted her with your baby, ‘til you pass through the gate."

I pleaded, “May I hug them both?!” The angel answered, “No!

You’d violate a sacred site, and now it’s time to go.”

He led me back across the Bridge and through the gate to home.

He left me there with new-found hope and peace within my soul.

If someone ever asks what happens to a dog that dies,

Just give a gentle smile of joy and look them in the eye.

Take their hand and comfort them and tell them not to cry.

For dogs don’t die, they simply cross a bridge to paradise.

Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine the trauma for your grandchildren. I hope they can both forgive themselves and each other for what happened. They should try to remember what love and joy they each have given Toby and what they can give each other. He died knowing he was loved and following one he loved. It was an innocent accident and not something they should hate each other or themselves for. No other animal will ever take his place in their hearts, but some day another special pet will come along that can fill some of the hole he has left.

Molly sends them warm fuzzy doggy kisses from overseas to remind them how special it is to give their love to a dog. And to you too to help you with your own sadness. It is always hard to lose someone.

*hugs*

bex

I am convinced the loss of a loved dog can be as difficult to deal with as the loss of any friend, particularly so suddenly and violently. There is a kind of psychic shock layered over the soul carving sadness that follows. But the memories that evoke sadness are the memories that evoked love. And that love lasts a lifetime does it not? Here's to Toby may he rest in peaceful places.

Thanks y'all. It has really helped. Toby was just one of those lil dogs that come into your life and leave a big mark. He wasn't especially smart, he chewed my 100' hose down to the fawcet, chewed shoes, chairs, chargers, and a big place in my heart. You couldn't get mad at him, cuz even if you yelled at him, he stood there with that big dopey grin on his face. He was a scrapper. Completely fearless. He would jump right in with Jackson and Skip over a tug at a toy. Never let Skip push him around either, which led to some scuffles. But he just was a great lil dog. He was perfect for younguns. He never minded a thing they wanted to do with him. My grandson, the one he followed, made a crude cross for him out of some little branches. It was so sweet. He is 16 and tried very hard to keep the "macho" teen thing going. It didn't work. After he made it, he showed his lil sis the cross, and they both hugged. Made me cry all over again. The high school just called and said him and another boy got into a scuffle and he is suspended for 3 days. They could have expulsed him or givin him 10 days suspension. But they both appologized to each other, without coaxing from the grown ups, and both admited guilt, and they stopped immediately when the teacher yelled. So the school decided to give them the very least they could. I guess with teens, and especially boys, you don't realize how things affect them. I am sure this was the underlying cause. Thanks again y'all.

Here's a pic of Toby:

post-5532-1189106182_thumb.jpg