BC Boards

Toby

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know scuffling at school is a very bad thing- and so this will probably sound odd, but your grandson must be a really nice kid if he's taking this so hard. That's so nice that he is helping his little sister cope like that. I hope you guys are feeling better soon. And again I'm really sorry.

I know scuffling at school is a very bad thing- and so this will probably sound odd, but your grandson must be a really nice kid if he's taking this so hard. That's so nice that he is helping his little sister cope like that. I hope you guys are feeling better soon. And again I'm really sorry.

Yes - I agree. I work in a high school - and that was my exact thought. Sounds like the school handled the scuffle situation thoughtfully too.

I'm very sorry to hear about Toby. When I was 11 we were walking our new 2 month old pup and my dad lost the leash and he ran right into traffic...it was one of the most traumatic events I had experienced and made me a leash nazi now....I hope your grandkids are able to cope. I know it'll take time. It really sucks that some lessons have to be that hard and unfair.

Maria

Poor Toby, and your grandchildren! I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you were able to give him a happy loving home, even if it was only for a short time. Bo and Janie send hugs and licks.

DebC

Aaaah Linda... there are no words I can say. My heart breaks for your loss :D . I send you a big hug and lots of healing thoughts for you and your family.

I see today is your Birthday... I hope you can find some joy in Toby's happiness with you.

Rest in peace our precious little friend, there are many who love and will miss you.

JoeAnne Sitka and Phoenix :rolleyes:

DixieGirl, I wanted to add my condolences to the others. I hadn't been able to read this thread until now, because it came on the first anniversary of my Ansel's death, also to a car. I can't say that I'm over it even now, but the pain and the guilt does ease over time. I hope that you and your grandchildren are able to hold onto the memories of happy moments shared with Toby, and that they are never overshadowed by thoughts of his loss.

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear this. :rolleyes: I can relate, though. My grandmother took in a very skittish stray spaniel mix many years ago and the dog had puppies outside on Christmas morning. To make a long story short, she kept one of the puppies and one day my brother, who was only 9 or 10yrs old was playing with him. Well, my brother decided to shoot some basketball and Odie was out there with him. The ball got away from him and rolled down the road. Odie, being a puppy of only maybe 6 months, ran after it. The ball rolled across the street and Odie, intent on that ball, ran out in front of the car before the girl even had time to react. Luckily, she did stop, but it was too late. :D My heart definitely goes out to you through this.