BC Boards
Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Maybe I Need...

Guest TheRuffMuttGang
Hey, where'd she come from? I know, Craigslist, but I don't remember hearing about her. I might've missed it on the other board.

That's because you didn't hear about her. When I got home from work yesterday I had a message from someone on my phone saying there was a little BC pup listed on Craigslist and she'd already called about her and since she was the first to call the woman was waiting on her to call back...and could I take her? I said "Sure have the woman call me, I'm already going that way for another dog" and she did and I went and got her. I think she must have been listed on CL for all of an hour. Someone did end up posting her link on the bcrescue site but it was after I'd already spoken to the woman about going to get her. The link has been removed by the author on CL now.

The woman's story was that family members in OK have two BCs and their neighbors and friends like them so they bred them to give to their neighbors and friends. No one wanted the runt so I guess they gave her to a friend down here in TX but then they decided they didn't want her so they were just trying to give her away, to anyone that would come get her...now! I am sure glad someone gave me the heads up on this pup--she surely would have ended up in a BYBs hands for her color and gorgeous eyes.

The woman's story was that family members in OK have two BCs and their neighbors and friends like them so they bred them to give to their neighbors and friends. No one wanted the runt so I guess they gave her to a friend down here in TX but then they decided they didn't want her so they were just trying to give her away, to anyone that would come get her...now! I am sure glad someone gave me the heads up on this pup--she surely would have ended up in a BYBs hands for her color and gorgeous eyes.

That is horrible and evil! :rolleyes:

What does BYB mean?

Oh My...what I miss when I'm on slow dial-up. I wouldn't have even looked at this post cause I wouldn't have been able to see it but using DH's fast air card and this is what I find.

She's way to cute. Her eyes are so in your face serious.

I'd keep her in a heart beat.

I guess you could try to place her for about 10 minutes then you could say you tried and it didn't happen.

What are you calling her besides yours?

Kristen

She's darling but for some reason she doesn't "speak" to me so much. Which is just as well since Debbie needs a hole in the... I mean, a new dog.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I'm calling her Bing! (exclamation point included)

Funny about no one wanting the runt of the litter. The runt of Twist's litter outstripped all his littermates to become the *tallest* of the lot!

Bing, like a little Bing cherry. Enjoy her Debbie. I'm glad you got her and kept her out of the hands of who knows what.

J.

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Bing! isn't really fitting her so I'm open to suggestions!

Guest TheRuffMuttGang
Funny about no one wanting the runt of the litter. The runt of Twist's litter outstripped all his littermates to become the *tallest* of the lot!

Well, how much does an average 9 week old BC pup weigh? This little girl is 9 weeks old today and is a whopping FIVE pounds. She is a teenie thing. I know Tank was 5lbs at 5wks and now at 7mos he is 30lbs, which seems pretty average to me. No, Tank didn't end up growing into a real Tank (unless being able to hold an unprecendented amount of water in his bladder still makes him a Tank). I don't care if she gets big or not, really, though I wouldn't argue if she only made it to 25lbs.

At 8wks River was 5 lbs. She'll be 2yo next month and is 33lbs and 19.5" tall (ever since around 9mo).

8wks old, the day she came home:

Jen-River-1stDay.jpg

Awww a baby River!

I think you should name the puppy Joy, its fitting since she made all of us happy just seeing her pictures! I had a really rough day yesterday, and her pictures cheered me up hugely :rolleyes:

Bing! isn't really fitting her so I'm open to suggestions!

How about Jin? When I named my mutt Jin I looked through the meaning of names in a baby book until I found one that fit her personality. When I saw super excellent, I knew I had found her name.