BC Boards
MrSnappy

Stuff on your dog

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

Poor Frek, Here she was in pain after her spay...and all I can do is laugh and take a picture. I'm such a jerk

Picture076.jpg

Guest pax

Somedays she's just normal amazing Sheep Boss. Somedays, she's

SUPER STARR

superstarr.jpg

(Don't worry, Mark and Renee, we had a long chat about not tarting the dog up anymore. Who knew we had to have a no dressing up rule? I thought the "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HOLD THE DOG STILL IN ANY WAY" rule covered just about everything. :rolleyes:

Guest pax

And then there is this...I didn't think about this right away because um, sad to say this dog looks like this most of the winter. It's normal for him. I guess I shouldn't be surprised Taz tried to turn Starr into a Super Dog.

fergusglasses.jpg

I was just having Daisy try this sweater on so that I could see if it would fit my North Carolina daughter's dog. What was funny was how much Daisy seemed to enjoy wearing it! And the omnipresent blue octopus always makes her look more dignified too!

Silly.jpg

I know, I know. It would look silly on any dog! But I got it on 75% off sale, and poor Maggie did get cold in the winter...

The pictures are making me laugh! We, however, don't have any pictures of any stuff on dogs. We did have a cute one of Allie in a mini top-hat and bow tie (14 yr. old used trappings from one of his old Build-A-Bear stuffed Border Collie's), but my spouse promptly deletes those kinds of pictures from the camera (party pooper!).

With Ouzo is simple: he's the one putting stuff on his head, not us :rolleyes:

Koala toy worn as a tiara

IMG_0264.jpg

Coca-Cola box as entratainment

IMG_0031.jpg

Garbage cover as austonaut attire

d3466d5b.jpg

Empty cake box

IMG_0255.jpg

He thinks it makes him more aerodynamic

IMG_0246.jpg

Hey! RDM, I have those same socks! Although, foolishly, I put them on my feet (what was *I* thinking?!?) :D .... love the editorial comment implied in the tennis-ball-and-tongue one...!

Anda, I'm *pretty* sure that's a raccoon, not a koala :D - but I TOTALLY love the astronaut attire. Not to mention the cake box... Finn one time managed to shove his nogging inside a square plastic cannister that had had doggie bagels in it (with GARLIC, YUM! says Finn) - which would have been amusing except that I was afraid he would suffocate. I was on the phone and fortunately saw it happen (stand up and paw empty container off top of dog crate, push around on floor, sniff, forcefully insert head, become completely stuck, start bashing into things and trying to pant while your entire head is jammed into plastic box.) I went, "OHCRAPGOTTAGO!", flung the phone down, grabbed the backwards-circling dog and was able to slip one finger in, pull an ear back and thence jimmy the container off his head, much to general relief. No time for photos, however. :rolleyes: I do have an EXCELLENT one of Finn wearing his Doggles, but it's not on disc and I have no means of uploading it to my computer at the moment....

AK dog Doc LOL :D The label said Koala, and after Ouzo took care of it and performed some unfortunate plastic surgery, it stopped resembling either a Koala or a Raccoon :rolleyes: Eventualy, pulling a Michael Jackson, the nose completly fell off and the toy found its restful end in the garbage shortly after the above shot was imortalized.

d2189a25.jpg

The amazing thing is that Ouzo can walk with the greatest of ease while his head is totally imerged in an opac container. He is great at navigating between coffee table, couch and other obstacles while wearing a (small - office/batrhoom type) garbage can over his head :D He can even follow me around the house while wearing the garbage can!

Where is sock on Woo? Or did Woo not allow sock on his now famous and quite lengthy snout?

Woo does not tolerate the Stuff On Your Dog game at all. He's a very poor sport. Red Dog is the best at it. I wish I could have a million Red Dogs. They don't make 'em like that anymore. He will do anything I ask of him. He's a real good dog.

RDM

AK dog Doc LOL :D The label said Koala, and after Ouzo took care of it and performed some unfortunate plastic surgery, it stopped resembling either a Koala or a Raccoon :D Eventualy, pulling a Michael Jackson, the nose completly fell off and the toy found its restful end in the garbage shortly after the above shot was imortalized.

The amazing thing is that Ouzo can walk with the greatest of ease while his head is totally imerged in an opac container. He is great at navigating between coffee table, couch and other obstacles while wearing a (small - office/batrhoom type) garbage can over his head :D He can even follow me around the house while wearing the garbage can!

Well, the toy company is confused, IMO (but try telling THEM that...!) Pretty sure koalas don't have striped faces, and they have blunter snouts than 'coons do, with sort of broad and convex nose leather, rather than the Pomeranian-esque muzzle shape of a 'coon. It is, however, very silly of me to expect them to know better. (OTOH, it DOES bear some resemblance to Michael Jackson...) :rolleyes: [No offense to MJ fans intended... he was IMO quite a good-looking kid, and even the plastic surgery didn't wreck that up to about the time he released Thriller, after which things got increasingly bizarre...]

Ouzo and the trash cans remind me of a time when my boss, who has a reindeer named Skippy (who was hand-reared from extremely fragile and ill babyhood) was penning Skippy with a pasture pal. Skippy was lonely, so Dr. M got him a goat for company (this was before he had other reindeer). One day the goat - being a goat - stuck his head in a feed bucket, scooped it up on top of his head and strolled around nodding vigorously to make the bucket rattle for his entertainment. Apparantly Skippy was pretty concerned (a state detectable by the fact that he tried to back himself through a solid wood wall in his run-in shed in order to avoid the dreaded Headless Goat of Greater Knik...)

Guest amylobdell24

These are so funny!!! Did you know there's actually a whole website dedicated to this theme? We always look it up at work when we're bored... stuffonmymutt.com & stuffonmycat.com - Very good for some laughs. Y'all should post yours on there!

My dog also puts things on himself. Not sure WHAT that means. . .

HPIM2265.jpg

And this is sort of a braggy shot, but he DOES have medals around his neck that he wasn't so sure he should be wearing - he kept drooping his head and letting them fall off (this was our take at USDAA Nationals '06 - a 2nd in Team Standard, 3rd in Team Gamblers, and 3rd in Grand Prix Finals)

HPIM1885.jpg

Lots of fun - especially love Ouzo - he looks like he's a natural clown.

As an Australian, couldn't help following up on the Koala theme (not that we have Koalas down here in Tasmania). Here's a link to some pics and info Koala

Woo does not tolerate the Stuff On Your Dog game at all. He's a very poor sport. Red Dog is the best at it.

Is it raining in Vancouver this weekend or what? We are positively baking in the sunshine up here -- I came inside only to cool off (and vote, of course). Just wait til I get a chance to put my pictures up!

And now you've given me a whole new theme to tackle. The dogs will be so pleased, I'm sure.

Is it raining in Vancouver this weekend or what? We are positively baking in the sunshine up here

Brag brag brag .... yes, it rained here last night and this morning. Is it that obvious? :rolleyes:

RDM

Bindi doesn't like this game yet. The cone lasted about an hour.

e8223636.jpg

This is Kellie. She was a yellow lab/chow chow mix. We lost her to bone cancer 2 years ago. She was the greatest dog. She let the boys do anything to her.

e8223632.jpg

Kellie as Harry Potter - DS as Ron Weasley (I still haven't figured out how to not get red-eye)

e82235e3.jpg

She felt like being a tiger that day

Man, I miss that dog.