BC Boards

Interesting BC Behavior

Guest LJS1993

Guest LJS1993

Today during our run on the ranch Freckles saw my mother at a distance picking apricots. Well, as we went down the path I could tell Freckles really wanted to go see her. However, what she did was trot down the road at about fifteen feet at a time, stop, turn back to look at me as I kept walking forward, then continue walking towards my mother as I was walking down the path. What was up with that? Also when I stopped, she stopped. It was very interesting.

Sounds like she was waiting for you to come. Black Jack does that with me all the time. He'll run up ahead of me, stop, look back, wait, then go on farther. I would say she was a good girl for not just taking off and seeing who she wanted :rolleyes:

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

She does it to me too...but she doesnt go that far ahead. I play 'retarded sheep' with her. When she's not looking I switch directions and take off running. :rolleyes:

Guest LJS1993
She does it to me too...but she doesnt go that far ahead. I play 'retarded sheep' with her. When she's not looking I switch directions and take off running. :rolleyes:

Nah, she just loves you and worries about your well being. I think she knows I can handle myself, so no worries from her.

Guest LJS1993
heh. If it was my mom "lances grandma" I dont think he would be so reserved. Id have to say something to keep him from running off, cause he loves his grandma as much as he loves me. All her fault, she spoils him.

Ah that's a Grandma's job. :rolleyes:

Wollie does that too! He'll walk a little bit in the direction he would want to go, and then turn back as to say "hurry up, slow poke!" LOL They are just sooooo adorable!!! I don't know of any other dog (certainly haven't owned one) that'll do this :rolleyes:

Wollie does that too! He'll walk a little bit in the direction he would want to go, and then turn back as to say "hurry up, slow poke!" LOL They are just sooooo adorable!!! I don't know of any other dog (certainly haven't owned one) that'll do this :rolleyes:

A great behavior trait, Tucker does it when we walk on a leash when I leave it out to 10 ft, he gets to the end and stops and waits. And he always gets praised because I want him to not pull on the leash at all. Now I am getting him to do it in the yard, and then I point in which direction I am going next so he knows.

I had a collie/lab mix when I lived in the farm years ago that I walked the fields with all the time.

I had him so trained that he would run to the end of the field, turn around and wait for my point, to see what direction we would go next! I loved that and I am agressively teaching Tucker the same.

Pia