BC Boards

BC Mix of Full?

Elsie.bmp

If you can't see the picture above, here's a link:

Elsie

This is my puppy Elsie, she's 7 weeks old (way younger in this picture, though) and she is a rescue dog. A friend in Illinois had a farm where Elsie's mom had the litter and four weeks later, the mom disappeared. I know the mom was a full Border Collie, but I'm curious as to whether Elsie is a mix or is full bred. Can anyone help me out???!!!

THANKS!! :rolleyes:

Elsie.bmp

If you can't see the picture above, here's a link:

Elsie

This is my puppy Elsie, she's 7 weeks old (way younger in this picture, though) and she is a rescue dog. A friend in Illinois had a farm where Elsie's mom had the litter and four weeks later, the mom disappeared. I know the mom was a full Border Collie, but I'm curious as to whether Elsie is a mix or is full bred. Can anyone help me out???!!!

THANKS!! :rolleyes:

Why does it matter? If a year from now you find out she's not full BC will you love her less?

Why does it matter? If a year from now you find out she's not full BC will you love her less?

I'm extremely offended by that. I am a curious person, plus I'd like to be informed of what she is so I can correctly answer people when they ask what breed she is. There is absolutely no way I would love her any less for any reason...and although I do not have to verify anything for you, to be sure you understand, I have been loved less my entire life because of my personal lifestyle, I would not wish that treatment on anyone or anything under the sun.

Guest WoobiesMom

There's always the answer I've given and received many times, she/he's an "all american dog" or the very rare and oh so expensive "heinz 57". :rolleyes:

I have the same curiosity about Woobie as well. It always depends on who is asking because no matter what I answer, lots of people will tell me he has traits of whatever dog they've either had in the past or have presently.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to play "Guess The Woo" anymore?

Come on pal, cut her some slack - she's just curious. No one can answer her question (yet) but doesn't mean she can't ask.

RDM

cute pup, I like the mystery mixes as well, mutts can have advantages too, I say that because I am one. I like to tell my dh that I am genetically superior to him because of my hybrid status, that's why I'm taller, no cavities, glasses - not to mention better looking. All hail the mutts, I mean hybrids of the world

Of course I'm not very good at herding sheep because of this.

Hi! I have no idea or input as to what kind of breeds she is... but, she is one great looking puppy!! And I bet she's going to steal a lot of hearts as she grows up :rolleyes: I understand your curiousity... I'd wanna know too, but it certainly wouldn't make me love her less, and I bet it's the same way with you too! Anyway enjoy her puppy days (while she's still innocent & sweet) Believe me, they grow up soooo fast and then they're not so innocent anymore LOL

I am genetically superior to him because of my hybrid status, that's why I'm taller, no cavities, glasses - not to mention better looking. All hail the mutts, I mean hybrids of the world

Mmmmm. Didn't work for me. I'm one quarter Mexican, three quarters Scots. I'm a genetic mess. Allergies, asthma, bad hearing, glasses, and my pregnancies and deliveries were a nightmare.

My stock working instincts also stink. :rolleyes: If I were a dog in the old days, I'd definitely be heading behind the barn.